AuthorTopic: [WIP] Moonlit Apocalypse  (Read 18551 times)

Offline Dex

• ---
    • adamfergusonart
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/11794.htm
    • View Profile

Re: [WIP] Machines on the Moon!

Reply #30 on: June 29, 2009, 02:53:35 am

after many critiques from st0ven over AIM (as well as others) i've started to redo the left leg and i changed the angle of the right one and started adding a back leg

i've edited the explosions and lasers too, and worked on the ufos some. i also edited a color to fit better

still far from perfect or finished, that's what you guys are for <3

Offline Stratto

• View Profile

Reply #31 on: June 29, 2009, 05:26:57 pm
now the left leg looks way too big, make it slimmer, but not too much.
but i dont see what you did with the lasers, you need to add more light from the middle, to acheive that effect.

Offline Beoran

• View Profile

Reply #32 on: July 01, 2009, 07:33:17 am
It's a bit of a quibble, but I think that something strange is going on with the person in front. That one seems to have a hole in the spacesuit, which should normally cause the astronaut to be pushed over from the air escaping though the hole (also causing him or her to die, by the way).
Kind Regards, Beoran.

Offline Dex

• ---
    • adamfergusonart
    • View Profile

Reply #33 on: July 01, 2009, 05:44:43 pm
He's already dead. It's supposed to seem as if he got a laser through the back from the machine behind him. The lasers gone out though. Thanks for the comments and critique so far!

Offline Dex

• ---
    • adamfergusonart
    • View Profile

Re: [WIP] Moonlit Apocalypse

Reply #34 on: August 04, 2009, 08:04:57 pm

here's another update, I'm almost finished, and I'm getting tired of seeing it in my folders :X

I changed the background and changed some other things. c+c is welcomed, a few more updates and I'm closing this one up.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 08:23:19 pm by Dex »

Offline skamocore

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/10442.htm
    • View Profile

Re: [WIP] Moonlit Apocalypse

Reply #35 on: August 04, 2009, 10:52:16 pm
Lookin' good so far and as has been said earlier, there really is some nice rendering in this image - such as the ground and the rightbot's legs, however I think there are still a number of issues. I know you're nearly finished but:

I think you should consider changing that ultra-saturated burgundy colour in the UFO's explosion; it seems a bit out of place. And please, please consider St0ven's explosion edit :f Currently your UFO explosion looks more like a crazy jellybean pile than an explosion D: Also, I think your explosions should act as a more prominent lightsource in this image, especially the front explosion which looks pretty intense; it definitely seems like it should have more of an effect on the nearby metallic leg.

I think the two men near the UFO's explosion should have less detail/contrast; right now you're showing quite a clear distinction between the outer part of the head cover and the actual visor. But since these guys are so far in the background I think that this kind of sharp detail would actually be more or less lost. 

Your spaceships in the top left seem very front on, making them look as though they are just flat shapes glued onto the sky. Maybe add an extra colour just to give them a little bit more of a feeling of depth and perhaps tilt them a bit.

I'm not really convinced by your stars, they are very evenly spaced; I like the big stars but the smaller ones (1x1/2x2) don't really give the impression of being stars, especially the brightest 2x2 stars which kind of just look like solid squares floating in the sky.

If your front man has indeed been shot with a laser, then I think it would be more convincing if he were lying on the ground or something (?). At the moment he's all like "'Yo, sup guys. I think I accidentally spilt some stuff on my suit". One problem you have here is that he is wearing a suit and therefore you cannot see the expression in his face. If it were possible to see his expression, then it might be easier to convince the viewer that he has just been lazor'd, but unfortunately you don't have that luxury. Also, as I alluded to with my stupid hypothetical quote, his suit looks as though he has splashed some food on it rather than it coming across as being a laser wound. I am not entirely sure how this could be fixed, but maybe make the hole neater; lasers are pretty clean when they cut through things.

Also, you have a random red rectangle in the top right corner.

I look forward to seeing this submitted when it's done :D

PS: Finish off your bridge image next >;3