AuthorTopic: Indiana Jones Walkcycle  (Read 3932 times)

Offline kaio

• View Profile

Indiana Jones Walkcycle

on: March 07, 2009, 10:55:36 pm
Hey everyone  :).
I'm working on a Indiana Jones Fangame as the Characterdesigner. Here's my latest creation:

I'm new here, I hope I can get some c&c on this animation here  ;D

greetz, kaio
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 08:26:49 am by kaio »

Offline TrevoriuS

• Pixels... everywhere!!
    • View Profile

Re: Indiana Jones Walkcycle

Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 11:09:42 pm
the torso and legs are not in sync, in fact, the arm is a bit ahead of the leg that lies at the same side, although it should move opposite with the legs really.

Offline Ben2theEdge

• I'ma drink mah coffee!
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart Gallery

Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 11:24:46 pm
Well done! Good overall likeness and especially nice use of shading on the legs. The overall attitude is good too; he's got that undeniable Harrison Ford swagger. You obviously know what you're doing so I'm not going to go easy on you  :o

His legs seem short to me. I think it's because you're bending the legs according to the pants instead of where his legs are underneath the pants. Unless he has a long torso and his pants are hiked right up to his crotch, his joints of his hips should be higher and the crotch area should be baggy, with his actual crotch being higher than where his pants come together. That would mean making his knees a bit higher too.

You also need to tilt his hands as they swing towards us. Otherwise the forshortening on his arms makes it look like they're just growing longer and shorter.
I mild from suffer dislexia.

Offline kaio

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: March 08, 2009, 08:23:08 am
Thank you! I'll keep it in mind for the next characters... :P This is the second version of Indy already, and I'm a bit tired of changing him again big style. But I hope your critism will help me making further animations a bit better.

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #4 on: March 08, 2009, 03:01:12 pm
You really need to lengthen his arms, indy can't even reach into his pockets right now

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #5 on: March 08, 2009, 03:10:40 pm
Also the implied neck is pretty huge. I'd shave off those couple of pixels showing on each side of the jacket.

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #6 on: March 09, 2009, 05:10:43 pm
Sweet. It's so smooth. Yep, neck is too thick, hands are too static, looks like you took the easy road when doing them. One new thing, though - I know what's intent is but in the chest area, there appears some jittery flickering. I think if you just improved your between-pixel movement it would smooth out.
Overall, it's