AuthorTopic: Two Face Challenge [warning: wiggly manparts]  (Read 12646 times)

Offline Souly

• Killer of threads.
    • View Profile
    • Punkys Portfolio

Re: Two Face Challenge

Reply #10 on: March 06, 2009, 04:58:46 am
Removing his willy would be appreciated.
What, are you offended by his cartoon penis?
It's not my fault they can never decide what to wear.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 05:01:26 am by Souly »

Offline JonathanOfDrain

• Lonely
    • View Profile
    • TheyWillEat.Us

Re: Two Face Challenge [warning: wiggly manparts]

Reply #11 on: March 06, 2009, 08:49:53 am
I think you need to keep his jingle jangle dangle. It has an oddly hypnotic movement to it. If I had a penny for every time I said that... I'd have a few pennies by now.

The red side needs more shadow. Clean up those black lines too. I think you should flip the placement of the blue side's hand, that'd allow you to change the arm to something reasonably close to bone structure. It seems uninterestingly absurd that he has a giant swooping U of an arm. I like that some anatomical rules are bent, but don't break them please. Blue's leg seems a bit off too.

I really like this piece and hope to see nicely polished finished product.

Also I think you should treat the testicles the same way you did the nipples, swap colors. Could even explain why the red guy is so upset. Blue balls.

Offline Souly

• Killer of threads.
    • View Profile
    • Punkys Portfolio

Reply #12 on: March 06, 2009, 11:02:35 am

Starting to work on the legs.
not saying anything else is done, but I tried addressing the hand problem not sure if I like my fix but it's a start.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 01:47:04 pm by Souly »

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: March 06, 2009, 03:20:00 pm
Creative overall concept. The dividing whitle line on the body bugs me a little, too contrasty I guess.

But more importantly, what's up with the wang, man!? haha . . . eh, he even has opposingly colored testicles . . . and nipples. Was the artistic choice of anatomical correctness (well, down there anyway) mainly for humor and shock value? I find myself a little too distracted by it. It's a good thing this peice has other weird odd aspects, like him being a dual-faced cube-headed alien thing, that help balance the possible focus issues you've created with your risky weiner gyrating.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 04:27:44 pm by Mathias »

Offline greenalchemist

• pixeled pink
    • View Profile
    • My DA account

Reply #14 on: March 06, 2009, 04:37:02 pm
The presence of penis is only distracting because of our cultural biases (i.e. sex is taboo). I personally found it an interesting addition, because to me it says "this guy is so divided, even his penis doesn't know what's going on", which I find slightly clever and amusing. If it helps, you can pretend it's a small tail, like that of a hamster.

I also agree about the white line running down the body, in that it's a bit out of place. He's already two different colors, and it's very easy to see that, so further division isn't necessary.
One last thing I'm thinking is that maybe the animation is moving a little too fast? I'm pretty darned new to the world of making things move, so maybe it's good that it's fast, but I find myself staring at the red guy's arm, trying to track it's movement path and figure out just how it's moving. *shrugs*
I don\'t like signatures. You try and think for hours of a witty one-liner to put in that won\'t be over-used or annoying, but nothing comes to mind. But what else is there than to put some sappy song lyrics or a huge picture? Nothing. So instead, I\'ll just write about hating signatures.

Offline Emtch

• View Profile

Reply #15 on: March 06, 2009, 07:08:41 pm
I think the line is too contrasty, and the animation is so twitchy.
Quote from: greenalchemist
"this guy is so divided, even his penis doesn't know what's going on"
Quote of the month.

Offline Atnas

• very daijōbs
    • paintbread
    • paintbread
    • View Profile

Reply #16 on: March 06, 2009, 08:51:05 pm
quick something on the arm and a little on the feet

the penis was something I have ALWAYS WANTED TO DO : D : D :x so you can disregard that bit

Offline Dr D

• Not a real doctor.
    • View Profile
    • PJ Gallery

Reply #17 on: March 06, 2009, 09:16:55 pm
Lovely motion swoops!  ...
Quote from: Atnas
the penis was something I have ALWAYS WANTED TO DO
That's the quote of the month!  :D

Offline greenalchemist

• pixeled pink
    • View Profile
    • My DA account

Reply #18 on: March 06, 2009, 09:37:06 pm
You get that penis, Atnas. You get it good.

The swoosh effect thing on the red arm looks great. That really helps clear up the issue of the path of arm movement; my eyes thank you.
I don\'t like signatures. You try and think for hours of a witty one-liner to put in that won\'t be over-used or annoying, but nothing comes to mind. But what else is there than to put some sappy song lyrics or a huge picture? Nothing. So instead, I\'ll just write about hating signatures.

Offline Atnas

• very daijōbs
    • paintbread
    • paintbread
    • View Profile

Reply #19 on: March 06, 2009, 09:45:08 pm
I can't help but think maybe Souly meant it as more of a waving motion? The ready claw frame I pushed to two frames made me think it was how I interpreted it but maybe he meant the motion to be more like a batting? Or wait, maybe as trying to catch the butterfly with a fist? Oh well I guess Souly will clear that up. But if anything is learned I hope it's that the frames that aren't the extremes shouldn't have as much exposure because it ends up being confusing