AuthorTopic: iLumberjack  (Read 3322 times)

Offline AlienQuark

• be triangular
    • View Profile

iLumberjack

on: March 03, 2009, 08:14:32 pm
This is probably the first pixel piece I've sat down and pushed from start to finish without stopping in who knows how long.

Lines by David Stoner, colours by me.

Also, just a couple other little things that I've been farting around with.

Offline Memo

• OHRer
    • View Profile

Re: iLumberjack

Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 01:44:03 am
I love the flatness of all the stuff in that post.

the beard can use some more shading in it and the hair some more highlighs, thats all i can think of to help  :y:

Offline Euphronios

• Ruff in the jungle
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 02:42:04 am
Either one arm is shorter than the other or one is longer.
It feels unfinished. You've got several detailed points of focus which are breaking it for me. I'd say go with just one detailed focal point or solidify the whole thing by sticking to the same style throughout.
If it is, in fact, not finished then I guess you can throw that out.

Apart from that I think it's a damn fine piece.
“I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image.”  ~Stephen Hawking

Offline AlienQuark

• be triangular
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 03:20:51 am
I can say that the distortion in proportion is intentional, since that's how the lineart came, and I wanted to keep that really deformed feel.

Could you maybe point out what you mean by some detailed and some non-detailed parts? I'm just curious as to what you mean. You kinda made the point without actually giving me a good example of how to fix it, or where you're being drawn to/away from. Maybe a little more explanation there?

Offline Mistajaye

• Jason Andrew Buividas
    • Mistajaye
    • Mistajaye
    • https://t.me/pump_upp
    • Mistajaye
    • Mistajaye
    • Mistajaye
    • View Profile
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !

Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 07:13:36 am
I think it's great, only crits I would give is a little more shading; however, that may have been intentional. I would shade a tad under his beard , and where his arms are

This is what I did, I know you were going for a different style, I just thought I would show you how I would color him, hehe... I like yours better.