AuthorTopic: [WIP] Valor Dump - NEED HELP WITH RUN CYCLE D:  (Read 12811 times)

Offline Sokota

• WeThePuppets
    • View Profile

Re: [WIP] Valor Dump - New WIP Fence

Reply #20 on: February 04, 2009, 07:06:50 pm
Hmm, yeah that is what I was afraid of. I will redo this, yet, once again. However, that was a big improvement from the other one, right?

Sokota

Offline Sokota

• WeThePuppets
    • View Profile

Re: [WIP] Valor Dump - New WIP Fence

Reply #21 on: February 09, 2009, 09:18:15 am
Ok well, after another rough half hour this is what I came up with. I think it is stylistic and the direction I'm going for, but somehow it managed to have 10 frames, haha. I then realized that I followed the reference posted by Gil pretty closely, and didn't realize it had 5 unique frames. Anyways, here it is. I tried to make a 12 frame run bit it lost the spark this one has:

New run             Old Walk

Crits?

Sokota

Offline Ignacio

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] Valor Dump - New WIP Fence and WIP Run

Reply #22 on: February 09, 2009, 11:53:09 am
Mmmm... I have a problem with the high point... the raised leg raises too much, IMO... somebody agrees?  ??? I would incline his spine a bit, as well...
I come here humble, trying not to repeat the mistakes of the past, for improving my art and try to help the others improving their own when I can...

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #23 on: February 10, 2009, 01:00:43 am
I think that probably stems from him copying the reference run's leg, but not the inclination of it's torso. For it to look right he'd either have to lower that foot in the high point, or tilt the torso to match the movement

Offline Sokota

• WeThePuppets
    • View Profile

Reply #24 on: February 10, 2009, 11:05:35 pm
Ok well, I tried to take into account what you guys were saying, and I think I made it smoother, but I'm not sure. Here is the edited run now:

New Run Fast     New Run            Old Run

I also change the contact and highpoint frames a bit, and also sped it up a little. Is it any better? I'm pretty happy with it, but unless you animating gods have something to say.. :P

Sokota
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 11:47:43 pm by Sokota »

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #25 on: February 12, 2009, 01:07:44 am
I did not make myself clear. The leg, specially when it's towards his back should NOT go that high.
Lift your leg backwards and try to make your leg go that high, you probably cant because chances are you're not some chinese contortionist! You copied the leg movement from the refference that was posed, that was ok but what was wrong is that you did not copy the way they positioned the torso, your torso SHOULD NOT be straight like it is. So either lower that torso and make it more like the reference, or lower the high point of that leg.

Offline Sokota

• WeThePuppets
    • View Profile

Reply #26 on: February 12, 2009, 03:39:19 am
Oh. So it was when the leg goes behind him that you were worried about...I thought it was forwards. Considering this is going to be a cartoon styled game, is the run really that out of whack? Also, I realize I did not copy the inclination of the torso, I wanted more of a happy run, I guess, look up Team Fortress 2 or Battlefield Heroes for what I am going for. Also the torso being straight has another reason than to add 'happyness and cheer' to a mouseaiming shooting game. If the torso moves during the run, it will be hell for my programmers to program the arm to move with the torso, and still spin in whatever way the player aims. The bounce is going to be difficult as it is. Could you possibly make an edit for me? I really do want to this to look right and as near perfect as I can get, but I also want to have it have that 'happy go lucky soldier' look as well.

Sokota

If no edits surface, I will tackle it again.

Offline Sokota

• WeThePuppets
    • View Profile

Reply #27 on: February 23, 2009, 05:35:13 am

New Run?           Old Run            Oldest Run

Okay well, my edit is the furthest left. Did it address the problem enough, or not? I need to have this run done this week, so feedback is great!

Sokota

Also please note, its supposed to be a happy go lucky run, almost a skip in emotion, even though its war. Um, yeah.

Offline Sokota

• WeThePuppets
    • View Profile

Reply #28 on: February 26, 2009, 02:11:13 am
Well no replies, so I thought it would be fine to bump with this:

Old Forms Run            New Run [Better?]

The wireframe helped alot, but it wasn't exact (Of course), but I think I did pretty well on this animation. Sure, I'm ready to take some more critique for it, but its the only run cycle I've ever been proud of. Anyways, just leg forms, no shading and whatnot, and excuse the nudity (There are no real manparts anyways xD), but yeah. Have at it?

Sokota

Edit: I guess it really does look a bit odd without arms, but those will be added on later, for the mouseaiming. Imagine him holding a gun to his shoulder..

Double Edit: Tried to improve some more, so..uh, did I? Just saw the white flashing white pixel..ignore, pwease? For me? :-[
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 12:10:55 am by Sokota »