AuthorTopic: Pixel Ice..  (Read 4775 times)

Offline Xero

• View Profile

Pixel Ice..

on: January 27, 2006, 08:52:01 am
I'm about to pixel something made totally of ice and was wondering if anyone could give me any pictures of ice related things pixelled by others or something like that to help me out?

Offline Mercury Rising

• View Profile
    • RaiderRobotix

Re: Pixel Ice..

Reply #1 on: January 27, 2006, 11:55:00 am
Hmm Ice I am unsure buy I know someone did something with crystals.  Ice is just pretty much crystal with some turbulative noise.  It had a stone monster... anyone remember or does somone actually have a ice piece.  I could make you a picture of an object made of ice... not pixeled tho, just to show you.  Thats saying no one else has pixeled ice.
Proud to be a BMS team:

Offline Neoriceisgood

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: January 29, 2006, 10:56:37 pm
The frozen frames in megaman 7 always looked pretty good to me, though I can't quite recall any site with ripped images to give you an example today.

Offline pixelblink

• View Profile
    • pixeljoint

Reply #3 on: January 30, 2006, 09:18:48 am
www.megaman-sprites.com
Though I can't seem to find the frames you mentioned.
I think you should approach ice with the same approach as doing metallic objects.... the only difference being that you can see through it so you would want to see the edges of the other side.

Offline Zolthorg

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: January 30, 2006, 05:21:04 pm
ice is commonly rendered in pixels as either smooth blue surfaces with large navy blue areas and bright white highlights with some nice antialiasing.

OR

crystals derrangedly stacked together with harsh edges to produce a sharper look
ie.
http://www.megaman-sprites.com/sprites/Classic/MM1/Tiles/mm1icetiles.gif

Offline Neoriceisgood

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: February 01, 2006, 02:29:40 pm
www.megaman-sprites.com
Though I can't seem to find the frames you mentioned.
I think you should approach ice with the same approach as doing metallic objects.... the only difference being that you can see through it so you would want to see the edges of the other side.

In megaman 7; here's the megaman sheet with frozen frames http://www.megaman-sprites.com/sprites/Classic/Megaman/mm16sheet.gif

Personaly I find megaman's frozen frames quite nice and a good example of how you could pull it off.

Offline Atooi

• View Profile
    • Atooi's Gallery

Reply #6 on: February 01, 2006, 04:42:56 pm
Here's a very simple sample of ice I created for Sigma (top-middle screenshot):

I hope it helps.

Atooi