AuthorTopic: Dance animations  (Read 11122 times)

Offline Ignacio

• View Profile

Re: Dance animations

Reply #20 on: February 22, 2009, 10:06:00 pm
I agree with Jad that the spacing is better now, but now the hair looks off...  :'(
I come here humble, trying not to repeat the mistakes of the past, for improving my art and try to help the others improving their own when I can...

Offline TrevoriuS

• Pixels... everywhere!!
    • View Profile

Reply #21 on: February 22, 2009, 10:14:39 pm
Yes the hair should have a bit more exeggarated followthrough there

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #22 on: February 24, 2009, 08:10:04 am
Do you mean somewhat like this?

For the challenge I am btw limited to exact 8 frames all with a framerate of 10/100, but I am willing to not enter it if thats an improvement. However, I could of course also add a frame to the rising.

But I am not yet sure if this is an improvement, but it DOES give a certain beat feel to it!

then remake that frame into a frame that conveys more speed (thus farther into the motion than the one before) and contributes to the release of the fast ducking. Might also want to draw the hair in a way that conveys more swing!

I'm digging these sprites, you're very talented when it comes to animation, I see, so I'm looking forward to more : D
' _ '

Offline Shrike

• View Profile

Reply #23 on: February 25, 2009, 04:51:30 pm
Quick stylistic note:

I know the challenge is over, but as the big red thing makes no sense to me, maybe make him wearing headphones instead?
Also, the hair is currently being treated more like a blob; put more control into each strand.

Just a thought.
Later
Shrike

Offline Yo-Yo-Master

• My failed attempt at mimicking XenoStriker's style
    • View Profile
    • My DA..nothing much yet >>

Reply #24 on: February 25, 2009, 07:25:52 pm
Well, the red thing is a hat...and it makes sense for him to be swinging it up and down midst the headbanging...One can tell what it is when you see it next to all the other animations.