AuthorTopic: I'm Gonna Kill you Dead  (Read 6838 times)

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Re: I'm Gonna Kill you Dead

Reply #10 on: February 13, 2009, 09:47:45 am
Yeah, you're right.
I've been refining it more. Haven't had too much chance to do so, been busy with school, but I'll finish it soon.

Offline tehwexxl0rz

• Swing the bat.
    • ianwexl0rz
    • https://pixeljoint.com/p/15996.htm
    • View Profile
    • Ian Wexler | Game Developer

Reply #11 on: February 13, 2009, 10:02:05 am
Those muscles are looking a bit too much like balloons. I'm no anatomy expert, but Ryumaru's edit looks convincing. Also, (once you refine the volumes) I'd love to see some of those shades dithered. Yes, it's a style choice, but personally I'm distracted by the banding of the light.

Great work as always, Opacus! I admire your ambition. :)

Offline huZba

• MekaSkull
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/19396.htm
    • huzba
    • View Profile

Reply #12 on: February 13, 2009, 10:12:08 am
The perspective/pose confuses me a bit at the waist area, namely the top of the pants which is a straight horizontal line.
Then there's the head that's a bit hard to read. Is it half a sphere with texture? It needs more accuracy to what it's trying to tell.
The finish you've given to the muscles makes the upper body and arms very segmented, as if he was made out of metaballs. He looked more pleasing to me a few versions backwards.

Otherwise i like the guy though. Would fit well as a bad guy in turtles. Maybe make the blades bigger, more twisted. They look too flimsy and unpractical to be extensions to such a strong body. If they were more like hooks, their practical uses would increase a lot and he could do pull-ups

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Reply #13 on: February 16, 2009, 11:34:31 am

Basicly I've been trying to find a bit of a balance, getting the right volumes while still not making it look like balloons. So far I've only changed the left arm (our view).
And I've also changed his upper body again. Hopefully making it look better.
I also sketched up some new weapons for him. A nice big spiky blade and a patented all-purpose set of scisors :D.
I still need to change the Bulb. And yes, it's indeed half a sphere. Though I'm having trouble figuring out a way to make this more obvious.
I also changed the pants a bit, does this fix the waist problem?