AuthorTopic: I'm Gonna Kill you Dead  (Read 6775 times)

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

I'm Gonna Kill you Dead

on: February 08, 2009, 02:48:07 pm
Here's my first personal piece in a while. I wanted to do something with rather over the top anatomy.
I really on one hand think I should practice regular anatomy alot more, but on the other hand this is way more fun to do. And I really wanna do a fun piece now.
I think I am getting better though, when it comes to anatomy and volumes? I don't know really.
Anyway, all pointers apreciated. I wanna keep the anatomy over the top, but of course I still want to keep the regular human muscle structure.
This was really inspired by this: http://www.pixeljoint.com/pixelart/15585.htm
And a random image that popped into my head.

Update 1:

Update 2:
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 04:45:24 pm by Opacus »

Offline Fatalis67

• Total newb
    • View Profile

Re: I'm Gonna Kill you Dead

Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 05:16:33 pm
I like it, but the shorts look flat. Other than that good job.
In the words of Shakesphere: "Villian! I hast done thy mother!"

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 07:40:03 pm
I like it, but the shorts look flat. Other than that good job.
Thanks. Yeah that was true, they're not finished yet. I hope they have more volume here though.

EDIT:
Finished?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 10:37:23 pm by Opacus »

Offline blumunkee

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 11:17:13 pm
Nice. But the blades are lacking any sort of depth.

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 12:15:50 am
How's this?

Offline alkaline

• may be caustic
    • designflaw
    • awstenn
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 12:41:47 am

hola senor opacus.  ;D this is pretty much a color edit. your colors right now are a bit dull and uncontrasted. so I upped the contrast and added some warmth to it. I might have exaggerated colors a bit much but it's to get a point across. also some of your muscles seem to be made up in some areas, as some of the shapes are a bit wonky. your outlines need to be worked on too but you can do that after finalizing the rest of it really.

Offline Fatalis67

• Total newb
    • View Profile

Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 05:53:37 am
Nice job fixing the shorts, I like it a lot now. But I think you should keep your colors, they aren't very contrasting, but theyre easy on the eyes and I think they work. But that's just my opinion.
In the words of Shakesphere: "Villian! I hast done thy mother!"

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Reply #7 on: February 09, 2009, 11:15:48 am

hola senor opacus.  ;D this is pretty much a color edit. your colors right now are a bit dull and uncontrasted. so I upped the contrast and added some warmth to it. I might have exaggerated colors a bit much but it's to get a point across. also some of your muscles seem to be made up in some areas, as some of the shapes are a bit wonky. your outlines need to be worked on too but you can do that after finalizing the rest of it really.

Thanks for the edit senor Alkaline :D
I agree that some of the muscles seem wonky, but I've looked up alot of references, charts of muscles and all that and I really don't know how to make it look better then this.
I've fudged it around alot and changed his arms almost every save I made, but it just doesn't seem to get anywhere.
I tried something again but it probably still doesn't work.

I can't agree with your colour edit though. I think the colours work as it is now. Warm colours really don't work on this in my opinion. It is after all, a homacidal, genetically enchanced, knives instead of arms maniac.
And giving it warm colours takes away the entire cold feeling I want him to have.

Offline blumunkee

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: February 09, 2009, 07:33:53 pm
Looking better. There's still some wonkiness with the feet. Looks like he's missing his heels.

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #9 on: February 09, 2009, 10:12:02 pm
Opacus, You need to work on refining your pieces. This is one of the things separating you from being a really good pixel artist.
I made a little edit, and what I have done doesn't have to be the way you go about it,and you may not even like some of the things I've changed, but it still stands that more refinement is necessary: