AuthorTopic: Revamping Hammerman  (Read 50251 times)

Offline bengo

• https://pixeljoint.com/p/5787.htm
    • View Profile

Re: Revamping Hammerman

Reply #90 on: March 28, 2009, 02:04:33 am
You know, I've learned something as of late, cartoons are probably harder than drawing realistically because you need to know what to exaggerate and at what level. The point isn't to draw every detail but if you want your piece to be more pleasing to the eye, you'll follow our advice.

I've done an edit, please try and study it, I hope it'll help, some general guidelines/advice you might wanna know: Ear starts at eyebrow and ends at end of nose, eyes are in middle of face, the harsher the light source the more real your person will look oh and uh, mouth and jaw-line should line up.

Offline Tuna Unleashed

• View Profile

Reply #91 on: March 28, 2009, 02:29:30 am
Mathias- you might've missed it but I edited my post to say I was ditching the redo and was going to stick with editing the old one due to me not being able to recapture the feel of the older one. But I'll try and take some stuff from both edits.
Edit: lots of stuff changed.
Edit2: not really worth a new post but felt like getting this up
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 03:21:42 am by Tuna Unleashed »

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #92 on: March 28, 2009, 02:50:42 am
Screw that, I say steal  bengoshia's and run!

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #93 on: March 28, 2009, 03:27:03 am
I don't think this sort of handholding will help you directly. I use it to try to get you to understand that to make the right choices, you need foundation.

Offline Tuna Unleashed

• View Profile

Reply #94 on: March 28, 2009, 03:30:15 am
I know that it would generally be faster and better to redo it all but as I said I can't seem to get the feel of the piece again. But that aside, I was saving that and am now very intimidated by the filename. But I've been wondering what you meant by the neck connecting. I thought you meant where it connects to the head, not the body.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 03:33:08 am by Tuna Unleashed »

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #95 on: March 28, 2009, 03:42:45 am
What is a feel of a piece? Destroy your art as often as you have to become a better artist. I wish you occupied a physical space close to me so I could take your pictures from your desk and run away cackling manically. They're not as important as artifacts as improvement is. The feel, any feel, will come. Fundamentals will not just 'come', you have to work for them. That's my opinion. Others might tell you 'forget what they're bitching about in that forum, everything looks awesome, I want to play it now, make it now, woo!'. You judge which voice rings truer.

Don't take the filename seriously, it's just somewhat facepalmy to see you not get what the critique you're being offered is about. As long as you're not doing it on purpose, and you try to understand what people are taking time out of their lives to explain to you, it's alright.

Offline Tuna Unleashed

• View Profile

Reply #96 on: March 28, 2009, 03:53:15 am

reworked the crap out of it.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #97 on: March 28, 2009, 03:56:19 am
it's certainly better, it's certainly fancier, but the back of the neck is still weird (necks are not triangles!!) and that ear, gosh that ear.

Offline Tuna Unleashed

• View Profile

Reply #98 on: March 28, 2009, 04:06:48 am
haha. I'm awful at ears. I definitely need to figure them out. But yeah, I was looking at a pic of clint eastwood because of Ben2theedge's post and I got this wave of inspiration. Anyway, I'm going to clean it up. Fixed what you pointed out BTW.
edit:
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 04:20:27 am by Tuna Unleashed »

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #99 on: March 28, 2009, 05:19:25 am
I'm feelin' that, tuna. The trendwhore blue light and highlights give it the pizazz it needed. Now just get rid of that hairlip and I think you can move on to the next thing.

I love the group effort here.