AuthorTopic: Portrait style dilemma [WIP]  (Read 13858 times)

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Re: Portrait style dilemma [WIP]

Reply #30 on: February 07, 2009, 03:30:25 am
I think her attire and pose has a lot to do with her looking older than she is. Right now she looks like some sort of kick-ass sexy lawyer instead of a determined girl. Especially since her pose seems to imply an invisible purse she is carrying.

I also think in all your edits, the lack of... direction in her eyes is having a negative effect on it.

Offline Accident

• Someone call the ambulance!
    • View Profile

Reply #31 on: February 07, 2009, 06:25:25 am
I know you ruled Joshua's edit because of the colours, but his edit was too yummy to pass up--

So here, I deal with childishness. Hopefully, it helps you a bit.
---> --->
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 06:27:09 am by Accident »

Offline DarkFalzX

• Attorney at LOL
    • View Profile

Reply #32 on: February 07, 2009, 11:27:52 am
This sucks - I was working on an awesome edit that included pointers from almost all of you guys, but... my computer just up and died... Like completely - kaput - motherboard is fried! I'm not as bummed out about losing my (rather pimpin') primary system and having to stay up literally all night pulling the mo-bo and building myself a placeholder system as I am about losing two hours of work - seriously: ) If I'm rambling, it's probably due to me being dead-tired.

Ohh, and Accident - cool edit - but for some reason she now reminds me of this guy: http://www.virginmedia.com/images/redneck.jpg

Offline Accident

• Someone call the ambulance!
    • View Profile

Reply #33 on: February 07, 2009, 05:35:20 pm
...I don't see the resemblance. :D
That made me LOL though-- she should be honoured to remind you of such a hunk. ;D

Offline bighatdino

• View Profile

Reply #34 on: February 11, 2009, 01:39:48 pm
Why not reduce the nose a tad, then it's kinda a mix of the original style and the more realistic eyes?

Offline DarkFalzX

• Attorney at LOL
    • View Profile

Reply #35 on: February 12, 2009, 04:45:22 pm
I think I might be about done with it. Here is my newest edit. Unless there is something terribly wrong with it - I'm going with it:

bighatdino: I like her nose - small-to-non-existent noses make people look freaky: )

Offline Shrike

• View Profile

Reply #36 on: February 12, 2009, 04:49:56 pm
Well, it's certainly not bad, but a few points from:

The colors are better, I think, in the above; certainly you ought to make the jacket like it is in the above, it gives her more innocence.
Her face as it is now looks sort of contemplatively pissed off, not sad or innocent.  Make the eyebrows arch upwards towards the middle.
Just a few pointers.