AuthorTopic: The Inn - [wip]  (Read 12352 times)

Offline EvilEye

• Game Developer Extroaordinaire
    • View Profile

Re: The Inn - [wip]

Reply #20 on: February 25, 2009, 01:01:27 pm
Nice. The animation would be a nice finishing touch.

I'd like to see the fire and the sword fight animated in particular. Don't forget to add some glow to the fire and the building.

Offline Dr D

• Not a real doctor.
    • View Profile
    • PJ Gallery

Reply #21 on: February 25, 2009, 03:17:10 pm
One little nit-pick: The dog's tail-wag looks more like he's shaking his butt, although maybe that's what you were going for, it looks awkward to me.

Besides that, marvelous work. Your work is easily my favorite in all that I have seen in PixelDam.

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #22 on: February 25, 2009, 07:23:43 pm
Can't say I like the purple used for the smoke. I think it should be mainly black and maybe purple highlights or such.

Offline QuaziGNRLnose

• View Profile

Reply #23 on: February 25, 2009, 11:53:19 pm
Can't say I like the purple used for the smoke. I think it should be mainly black and maybe purple highlights or such.

looks like the mummy smoke for metal slug 3 hehe
Originally posted by Jeff

I AM A GIANT DONUT MANATEE

Offline Fidsah

• Coder
    • View Profile

Reply #24 on: February 26, 2009, 12:52:49 pm
In my opinion, the fire is currently out of place with the rest of the pic. When a building catches fire, that's an exciting event that draws much attention. Currently, there are three people within close range that are currently ignoring it. No one is pointing at it, none of the nearby people seem to be really concerned about it. It almost sends the message that this place catches fire so often, no one really cares about it anymore.

With the left row of buildings all being connected, having one of them on fire should have the attention of everyone of pretty much everyone in the town, as people are going to be yelling "FIRE!" and making a production of it.

Don't get me wrong, it looks great. It just doesn't flow for me that there'd be a building on fire, and everyone is relaxed and going about their day as usual.
while (!QUIT) {
       return 0;
} //What bug?

Offline McClaneGames

• Evan M
    • View Profile
    • NinetySix, Co.

Reply #25 on: March 02, 2009, 10:38:40 pm
As Fidsah said, the fire needs to have more attention drawn to it.  If a building next to me caught on fire, I doubt I'd just be standing there doing nothing. ;)
And if the dog is animated, I think you should add animations to more people/objects.