AuthorTopic: The Inn - [wip]  (Read 12245 times)

Offline zi

• I wish you success :)
    • View Profile
    • just one account :)

Re: The Inn - [wip]

Reply #10 on: February 11, 2009, 12:51:21 pm
McClaneGames first must finish with big object and than ;)

Just for information: I'm not 100% shure that gipsy is from this epoch, but before many many years I see peoples like that. Also they lead and bears, but I'm not plan bear in the moment :)

=====================
:) GDGB :)

Offline Boazadreal

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: February 12, 2009, 01:29:31 am
My little brother commented that this looks like a Town Center from Age of Empires. The detail of your work, is at the very least, inspirational. Keep up the great work!

One thing I notice: The man standing on the wooden deck is not casting a shadow on the wood or onto the ground below.

Offline EvilEye

• Game Developer Extroaordinaire
    • View Profile

Reply #12 on: February 12, 2009, 01:34:06 am
Very nice :y:

Its making me nauseous thinking about all that pixel work.

Is this part of a project or just for fun?

Offline Fuzzyleaves

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: February 12, 2009, 06:46:34 pm
I believe it's for Pixeldam  :D

Offline Indigo

• Administrator
  • Artist, Indie Game Dev
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/849.htm
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Reply #14 on: February 14, 2009, 01:25:29 am
is there any reason why the roof tiles on the bottom building are so poorly contructed/drawn in comparison to the other roof tiling?

Offline zi

• View Profile

Reply #15 on: February 14, 2009, 02:43:07 pm
Boazadreal maybe like age of musketeer :) Yep until I'm not shure for object are they in right place prefer don't make shadows. For that man I'm not shure is he stay on the best place.
EvilEye like Fuzzyleaves say, it's for Pixeldam for fun, because want to clear details in my works. I dislike previous and better is to make new. Also want to keep colours less.
Indigo keep from previous unfinished work. I Was lazy to repair so big space like roof, because not been shure that the building is good, but under your suggestion today repair the roof and will keep the building.

=====================

Offline TheInquisitor

• Lookin' to Learn
    • View Profile
    • RJanes.co.uk

Reply #16 on: February 14, 2009, 03:32:25 pm
Incredible piece of work so far, Zi!  ;D Most people probably would have stopped one or two stages ago, but you just keep on going making is more and more impressive. I love the amount of detail you're managing to get into your tiny characters. The colour palette and low count boggles my mind. How did you manage to come up with such invention for all of your buildings? Each seems so unique and well planned out, you must've gone through some early sketches/planning stages, surely? If it's an on-the-fly job, I'll be stunned!
Check out my portfolio site:
http://rjanes.co.uk

And my preferred place
http://www.rpg-palace.com

Offline vierbit

• 0.09 posts per day
    • View Profile

Reply #17 on: February 14, 2009, 04:45:35 pm
I looked at this topic from time to time, and it shows a great process.
IŽam usally not a big fan of iso stuff, mostly because its often to clean and consist of simple shapes.
But you have managed to put in some many little details and with good pixelart.

Its your duty to get this finished of course  ;)

Offline Timpa

• View Profile

Reply #18 on: February 14, 2009, 05:38:49 pm
Just me who thinks the color you use to shade the buildings are abit off? dark blue/green. I think it would look much better with either a darker shade of the highlighted walls or purpleish

Offline zi

• View Profile

Reply #19 on: February 25, 2009, 10:39:10 am
TheInquisitor I train patience :( From different ways some are look at from shots or another digital works, some are fabricated also for some make precise lineart for another just sketch and than add all elements wall corners /inside or outside/, beams where need, ets. Every time try something different. Like example roof for the stable make 3 or 4 times until keep it. Maybe simple answer is that I'm civil engineer, and that help me enough :)
vierbit be shure that your comment is like duty !
Timpa change a bit colours because have problem with ramps between violet for shadows and brown for ground and green for grass, also have problem with them to be with enough contrast when I use only 1 colour palette.

Have many unfinished parts, but main question is to make small animations or not. Because in the work have too many elements which have motion and will stay static?

=====================