AuthorTopic: Pokemon Sprites  (Read 8186 times)

Offline Def Sprite

• nothin here yet
    • View Profile

Re: Pokemon Sprites

Reply #10 on: February 03, 2009, 04:47:32 am
Thanks guys, here's the update:

I managed to get natu's body better, and get it more readable and keeping true to natu's look.
Edited everyone else so shading feels proper, and edited diglett's dirt to look less boring and make it's face also more readable. Cherubi I also did the same with it's leaf and shading.
Budew I tried to edit, I really don't want to edit the face more than this, have tried multiple ways but out of all of them this is the best imo, budew's eyes are naturally curved, so it wouldn't look much like budew without it, hopefully this new one is somewhat more readable than before. I also gave them an outline that isn't 100% black.

Thanks for the help, they look much better now.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 10:13:53 am by Def Sprite »

Offline HughSpectrum

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: February 03, 2009, 05:26:05 pm
Budew I tried to edit, I really don't want to edit the face more than this, have tried multiple ways but out of all of them this is the best imo, budew's eyes are naturally curved, so it wouldn't look much like budew without it, hopefully this new one is somewhat more readable than before.
Looking at Budew's official art, his mouth is thinner than his eyes, but his eyes in your sprite are already one pixel wide.  The solution to this is to make the mouth a color to give off a more thinner appearance to it.

Anti-aliasing can be used to achieve certain angles and shapes in lines, such as what I did for his left eye here.

Offline Def Sprite

• nothin here yet
    • View Profile

Reply #12 on: February 04, 2009, 02:54:39 pm

I think I got it this time. Changed the mouth a bit.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 10:53:48 am by Def Sprite »