AuthorTopic: [WIP] Goron  (Read 2754 times)

Offline bgill31

• View Profile

[WIP] Goron

on: January 26, 2009, 10:26:37 pm
I got the lineart from the line art thread.  Made by .TakaM

I can't seem to get the muscles to pop out correctly.  It's always to noticeable or not noticeable enough.  Like the on legs, feet and hands.

CnC

Offline Winston

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] Goron

Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 01:02:57 am
Goron Lightfoot Sang a song About a boat That sank in the lake At the break Of the morning

I'd say try not to separate his stomach too much from his body? It makes it look like some sort of tumor
It's time for racing car video games

Offline hotnikkelz

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 02:43:24 am
Not liking the lineart too much
Anyway, you can eliminate the dithering, and focus more on getting the volumes down first as you have many green shades to do the job

Eliminate the blacks for the lines 'within' the body and instead try to get contrast with a dark colour -> light colour. You may want to experiment in trying ramp the greens to the purples. Dark purples are good for shadows.

Left bicep, shouldn't be like that considering the angle of his left fist, try flexing your arm at that angle to see how the muscles behave.

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 06:07:18 am
here's the reference:

I can't remember if I traced a horribly skewed version of the art or helped someone else with the lines or something...
Point is I'm very ashamed of that lineart and I'd suggest just starting from scratch
Life without knowledge is death in disguise