AuthorTopic: [WIP]Pixel Design  (Read 3127 times)

Offline Andre

• View Profile

[WIP]Pixel Design

on: January 25, 2009, 01:32:44 am
That's some try out on desinging a logomark to myself on pixel art

Any C&C would be helpfull, thank you!  ;)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 01:50:47 am by Andre »

Offline balls01

• 사랑
    • View Profile
    • Balls Art

Re: [WIP]Pixel Design

Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 02:51:13 pm
its good, but the bottom of the eye is bothering me, also did you do ALL that aliasing, looks a little auto-ed

your choice of color, is your voice of color
BallsArt

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 03:01:25 pm
No, it doesn't look auto-AA'ed. It looks over AA'ed. Auto AA doesn't look that fuzzy :)
Anyway, the problem with this is that it looks rather amorphous. You put too much work in the AAing and detailing, and neglected what is more important:
Form. Try to focus on what the form really looks like, and where the light really falls, and where shadows are really cast before you start detailing.

Offline Terley

• Terley is King, but he needs a new avatar.
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 04:40:23 pm
I think you'd benifit from getting some good reference pictures, at the minute it looks pretty flat.

made a mega quick edit, using this reference. Far from complete, ive just focus on the eye itself.
http://www.tipsfromthetopfloor.com/wp-content/eye.jpg

you're definately over AAing, in fact it's your use of your palette that's a bit mixed up, which is why using references can really benifit. Take this reference for example, I just eye-balled it (lol) for help creating this edit but if you reduce the colours it can help you get hold of how the levels of shade can shape.

I've not got anything interesting to type here..

Offline huZba

• MekaSkull
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/19396.htm
    • huzba
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 04:47:21 pm
Opacus is right on the money. Make round things perfectly round where needed, think about the weight of elements, the weight of the lines, the flow. Things like how it's different if the text touches the edge or if it doesn't. Currently Andre touches the edge, PIX doesn't. It can be used as a stylistic effect, but here it's not. Would you like the text to be more visible? The eye completely overshadows it. Leave the pixel-detail for later.

For practice you could try making a few simple weighed lines and try a very minimal AA on them.