AuthorTopic: Soopcan grew up, eh?  (Read 5140 times)

Offline Zolthorg

• View Profile

Soopcan grew up, eh?

on: January 20, 2006, 09:48:13 pm
From: s00pcan | Posted: 1/19/2006 09:06:09 PM | Message Detail
http://tinyurl.com/9t4s5

Apology: Sorry about screwing up the site. I was bored and stupid at the time, and I now have adulthood morals that will prevent me from doing that again. I understand that community sites take a while to build and that great things can come out of them, it's too bad I had to ruin it for so long. (The site still doesn't seem to be back up) I also think it's interesting that the writer of that email actually worked on gba games that I've seen, just reading reviews that talk about the sprite art in his games and then knowing where he recieved support and help from is pretty cool.

We can continue to harbor resentment for him, but at least he seems sorry >_>

Offline Skipper

• I am...
    • View Profile

Re: Soopcan grew up, eh?

Reply #1 on: January 20, 2006, 10:11:17 pm
Who the F is soopcan?

Offline Zolthorg

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: January 20, 2006, 11:00:50 pm
The 'leet' haxor who took down the originl pixelation ;/

Offline Evan

• Marv-O
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: January 21, 2006, 12:29:33 am
Maybe his parents made him write it.

I also found out he's a member of tons of skateboarding-games forums, like THPS. Kinda weird.

Offline Kazuya Mochu

• ^thx Larwick
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio website

Reply #4 on: January 21, 2006, 01:35:31 am
"The site still doesn't seem to be back up (which is a pitty, cause I was dying to mess it up again with my leet scripts)"

I still think it's pretty sad no one hacked his coputer and cleaned up. that to me would be the only way for him to learn.

any way... I gess we cant be like him...

( if only I had his leet scripts!)

Kaz
Image size doesn't matter! It's what you do with your pixels that counts!

Offline Zolthorg

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: January 21, 2006, 01:57:49 am
i'm glad in a way he did it.
We'd still be using phpbb.

heh... phpbb 'security' heh..

s00pcan

Reply #6 on: January 21, 2006, 05:46:57 am
Maybe his parents made him write it.

I also found out he's a member of tons of skateboarding-games forums, like THPS. Kinda weird.

No, I just wrote this because it needed to be said. My mom is the type to make me do that, but that was never sent (would have been a load of bullshit at the time anyway). And yeah, people recognise me everywhere on the internet to this day from good times on THPS4 online.

s00pcan

Reply #7 on: January 21, 2006, 05:51:13 am
i'm glad in a way he did it.
We'd still be using phpbb.

heh... phpbb 'security' heh..

Many hackers use that as their excuse for hacking websites, and in a way, it's true. I used the phpbb exploit on many other sites when I did this, and on a few I actually stated that they should download the new phpbb to prevent the hack from being used. Obviously, I didn't do this on all of the sites.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #8 on: January 21, 2006, 10:01:58 am
Hello s00pcan.

Whereas I do not harbour any ill intent towards you, I do not believe you should be posting here. I'll go out on a limb and represent the official moderator line in saying that the services provided in this forum, from posting and recieving critique down to general chatting are not open to you, specifically. I am not interested in internet drama, hopefully you are not also after having witnessed it firsthand, so I hope you'll take all this in good stride and carry on. It's very nice of you to realize that what you did severily inconvinienced a whole community, and I'm sure the appropriate people appreciate your apology and accept it. You've made your point, people change, they realize their mistakes and so on, but also actions often lead to lasting repercussions. This I feel is important to stress, in this case is the repercussion that you are not welcome on this board.

Thread locked. If you have any issue with this, please take it to pms with me or Pep or any other moderator.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2006, 10:04:00 am by Helm »