AuthorTopic: frosty frosty--  (Read 4043 times)

Offline Accident

• Someone call the ambulance!
    • View Profile

frosty frosty--

on: January 28, 2009, 09:47:02 pm
Here in Massachusetts, we've gotta lotta snow.

So, as a homage. [sorta. xD]

Little Ginger's all warm in her jacket, awaiting her mother's arrival anxiously. She's been lonely, living all alone.

Offline blumunkee

• View Profile

Re: frosty frosty--

Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 09:59:01 pm
This is disgustingly cute.

She doesn't need the two purple pixels on her chin.

Her left arm is angled outwards, which looks cute. Her right arm could angle out as well.

The purple anti-aliasing on the top of the dress is unnecessary. It could even be damaging (try changing the background to a lighter color to see what I mean).

Offline Shrike

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 10:03:45 pm
Goodness, I love your work, Accident.

To better the character, I think the arms currently are awkward, and I'd say take them out, since they didn't read much and clutter it up.  Also, unless the game is to be played at 2X, this forum has a zoom feature and posting it in this resolution is unnecessary.

Agreeing with blumunkee, cute.  :3  Get rid of all AA on the outside, unless this will be a scene and not a game. Good work!   :D
Shrike

Offline Accident

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 10:28:55 pm
blumunkee: That's why Ginger's Papa-less.
Removed the pixels. Also fixed hands. Yeah, but sel-out is just plain bad-- This'll be suited for darker backgrounds, I think. Fanxxx~ 83

Shrike: fanx fanx~ <:
Yeah, I'm aware of this. The composition is supposed to be in 2x.
Also, I didn't remove them. But hopefully they're readable now that they match her hair.

Oh, this will be a scene, most likely.

Offline blumunkee

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 11:52:13 pm
Nice. You balanced her out swimmingly.

I recommend doing away with the highlight on her right hand completely. Also, the shading on her left legs breaks the nice triangular shape of the other leg. I think top down shadows work fine alone. Side shadows don't seem to be contributing much.

The chin outline is too strong. It's out of style with the rest of the piece. I'd say go with much lighter shades and let color take care of the rest.

I can read her face in two ways. The first is that her eye is closed, and the red part are the tips of her eye lashes. The second interpretation (and the one I think you intended) is that she has rosy cheeks. Either way works, but you might adjust colors and positions if you want to avoid ambiguity.

Offline JonathanOfDrain

• Lonely
    • View Profile
    • TheyWillEat.Us

Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 12:06:24 am
Very cute, I like the obvious triangle shape. I think you should try a different color for her rosy red cheeks.

Most importantly, Didn't you have to shovel like 3 times today? I've only been able to not shovel when my body became stiff. Though it wasn't too cold today.

Offline Accident

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: January 29, 2009, 12:27:26 am

blumunkee: Removed highlight, changed shading, and removed that outline with a good variation.
Changed her rosy cheek. I think I may have to add a colour for the rosiness though. Fannnx. c:

JonathanOfDrain: Faanx. ;3 That's what I did.
No, I don't shovel-- my landlady does this.

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: January 29, 2009, 01:12:04 am
Hmm, the head seems a bit off-balanced from the rest of the body. Perhaps positioned awkwardly...

Offline Accident

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: January 29, 2009, 02:34:22 am

Did it get any better?

Offline Ben2theEdge

• I'ma drink mah coffee!
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart Gallery

Reply #9 on: January 29, 2009, 02:42:15 pm
I am diggin' this!
Is this going to be a stand-alone piece or is it a game sprite? If it's stand-alone you might want to think out the composition around her a little more instead of her just sitting in a perfectly cropped box.
I mild from suffer dislexia.