AuthorTopic: Feature 07 - Savage World (artistic nudity)  (Read 124089 times)

Offline big brother

• herculeanpixel.com
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio Site

Re: Savage World (artistic nudity)

Reply #120 on: March 15, 2009, 11:05:38 pm
I uploaded the latest version to my PixelJoint gallery. You can see it here: http://pixeljoint.com/pixelart/41083.htm. Thanks again for the help, guys!

Offline zeid

• View Profile
    • Pixel Class

Reply #121 on: March 16, 2009, 03:40:52 pm
I say if this is going to be featured, polish off and put the blade skiing eagle as the logo.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 01:53:45 pm by zeid »
View my Devlog... unless you aren't ready to have your mind blown.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #122 on: March 20, 2009, 12:36:42 pm
big brother, so should we lock and feature?

Offline saimo

• R37R34M
    • View Profile
    • RETREAM

Reply #123 on: March 21, 2009, 12:39:38 pm
Although this piece is technically astounding and very beautiful to look at, there are a couple of things that bother me - sorry for speaking this late :P
The first thing is the rocks on the borders: what are those? Rock plates? Even if they make for a nice change, they make little sense to me as they look unnatural and weak. Moreover, the upper side of the rocks on the front borders is not matched by that on the back border neither in shape, nor in arrangement.
The other thing is that the bottom part of the small platform does not read quite right because of the colors, that somehow almost seem to put it somewhere between the background and the foreground.

saimo

Offline big brother

• herculeanpixel.com
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio Site

Reply #124 on: March 22, 2009, 02:38:18 am
Saimo, those are interesting observations. I'd ask for an edit to see exactly what you're talking about, but I don't plan to revisit this piece for a while.

I'm calling the latest version finished. You can lock the thread, Helm. Thanks again, everyone!

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #125 on: March 22, 2009, 03:16:48 am
Although this piece is technically astounding and very beautiful to look at, there are a couple of things that bother me - sorry for speaking this late :P
The first thing is the rocks on the borders: what are those? Rock plates? Even if they make for a nice change, they make little sense to me as they look unnatural and weak.
I gotta say style over sense and realism. They look really nice, stylistically and artistically, and I'm glad he went for something a little less realistic because it really help this piece's appeal.

Offline saimo

• R37R34M
    • View Profile
    • RETREAM

Reply #126 on: March 22, 2009, 11:31:37 am
Saimo, those are interesting observations. I'd ask for an edit to see exactly what you're talking about, but I don't plan to revisit this piece for a while.
I'm not good enough to provide a decent edit, but I can try to illustrate my point by scribbling something on your piece:

(now, that's defacing a piece of art :D)

saimo

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Re: Feature 07 - Savage World (artistic nudity)

Reply #127 on: May 19, 2009, 05:56:00 pm
Seeing as there is no movement here and bb already upped it to PJ a while ago, here we go...

FEATURE GET!
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.