AuthorTopic: Digital Dump  (Read 14621 times)

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Re: Digital Dump

Reply #20 on: July 08, 2008, 05:02:10 pm
Besides that shoulder connection that is a bit worrisome, so far so good. Not much critique to be given on the pixel level. Why not go ahead and render it and we can talk about that.

Offline Souly

• Killer of threads.
    • View Profile
    • Punkys Portfolio

Reply #21 on: July 08, 2008, 11:12:54 pm

I have no idea what you have going on with his right shoulder.
I just erased the huge addition you had going on.

Offline zeid

• View Profile
    • Pixel Class

Reply #22 on: July 09, 2008, 04:53:04 am
I think the head seems a bit small also, I thought it might be a perspective thing at first but the rest of the upper body doesn't support this. adjust that, then get onto rendering and fixing up the jaggies. This piece could look really good after that.
View my Devlog... unless you aren't ready to have your mind blown.

Offline digitaldust

• shoopus maaaah woopus
    • View Profile
    • LOLFURRIES

Reply #23 on: October 05, 2008, 03:02:58 pm

These were part of a plan to redraw character portraits for Streets of Rage Remake due to some complaints that the portraits in V4 didn't suit the feel of the game. While I don't mind the one guy who said that it's too bright for SOR, I do mind the remark of the style not fitting in with the SOR feel...

Because it's another one of those moments where my style has no place to belong but here, on my lap. And that makes me feel kinda lonely.
"I am smart! I am smart! S-M-R-T -- I mean S-M-A-R-T!!"

Offline digitaldust

• shoopus maaaah woopus
    • View Profile
    • LOLFURRIES

Reply #24 on: January 13, 2009, 06:26:36 pm

Yet another WIP I spent WAAAAAAAAAAY way way too much time on. I eventually decided to abandon this version for now in order to completely start from scratch...

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #25 on: January 13, 2009, 08:32:33 pm
Go back to that one. That's the best piece so far in here.
Your line art's are nice, you just need to be worrying about pixel technique right now.

Offline big brother

• herculeanpixel.com
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio Site

Reply #26 on: January 14, 2009, 05:10:33 pm
The last one confuses me especially. Why does she have bunny ears, whiskers, and a tuft of chest hair? Her expression is far too demure if she's conscious of the hideous transformation that's taking place.

Offline digitaldust

• shoopus maaaah woopus
    • View Profile
    • LOLFURRIES

Reply #27 on: January 15, 2009, 04:58:35 pm
The last one confuses me especially. Why does she have bunny ears, whiskers, and a tuft of chest hair? Her expression is far too demure if she's conscious of the hideous transformation that's taking place.

- She's a furry, like most of what I've made in this thread.

- First time I've heard "hideous" on this kind of picture (most of the time it's something like "wtf"). This was meant to be done for a friend of mine, who's a huge fan of Devil May Cry, and the transformation is based on Lucia from DMC2, whose Devil Trigger form is that of what looked like an angel with most of her body "wearing" her own wings, and her head also veiled by her wings. I thought to myself, "hey, that actually looks more cute than cool", and so I used that idea as a base to this picture... if you look closely, she's caressing her own wings that are coming out in the style of a mixture of a butterfly coming out of its coccoon and a flower blossoming. And assuming transformations in the DMC universe were harmless, I made her transform by having her whole body crack open like an egg.

Hope that clears things up.

Offline big brother

• herculeanpixel.com
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio Site

Reply #28 on: January 15, 2009, 10:24:19 pm
I meant "hideous" in the context of "I'm turning into a giant rodent", not "hideous" as in the viewer of the art wants to coat-hanger his own eyeballs. :)

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #29 on: January 15, 2009, 10:31:40 pm
Rabbits are not rodents. That aside, it is indeed the nicest one so far, but you really should try to apply full pixel treatment on one of your pieces.

Other than that, what you described above, the whole transformation thing into an angel type does not read at all.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.