AuthorTopic: Bubbles competition: The last breath (Need heavy critics to win !)  (Read 10999 times)

Offline balls01

• 사랑
    • View Profile
    • Balls Art
righto more detail on those crits

-i mean how it stands up on the outline but nowhere else.
-Rosse's spikes are more liny and less triangular and unnatural
- as for the jawline look at this reference i found her jawline doesnt start curving so soon. and wheres salty's post? i dont see it...
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 10:29:49 am by balls01 »

your choice of color, is your voice of color
BallsArt

Offline philipptr

• View Profile
ubar-quick edit incoming..

Your piece has some huge problems in the following departments:
- palette: you used a blue as if it was brighter than the more green blues in the face which looks pretty strange..
- anatomy: theres much wrong here, but being bad at anatomy too I couldnt fix everything. Still the nose and the upper area of the mouth seem very out of place.
- the hair: dont think of hair as one mass with a few extremities sticking out.
- shading: if you dont know where the light and shadow should be placed, try finding references

This was like I said only a very quick edit, and actually rosses was much better, but since you didnt want to change the perspective, I thought I could show you that you can fix many issues without changing the perspective.
The hands might be the biggest problem I didn't touch here.

Offline Arylic

• View Profile
Ok , heres my second last wip. After this ill take some more comments and make my final piece. so hopefully i updated it with the criticts.

Need last minute critics so hurry up guys.

Offline Endpiece

• View Profile
Ok , heres my second last wip. After this ill take some more comments and make my final piece. so hopefully i updated it with the criticts.

Need last minute critics so hurry up guys.

I'm thinking the water should be dithered instead of that spiky shading you've got going on. You can still use the 4 or 5 colours you have to do it (although since its last minute, you might be pressed for time).

Offline philipptr

• View Profile
You might want to read this thread again for a lot of "last minute critics".
Theres plenty of mentioned things you can still fix.

Offline Arylic

• View Profile
@ endpiece - Thanks, ill try to dither it see how it looks like.
@ Philipptr -  I did but i can't find a reasonable one the all require more time.

Any more fast critics ?

Offline lollige

• MrLollige
    • View Profile
    • MrLollige blog
Everything has been said, especially in those 2 edits, but you won't listen, except if its very easy to edit.  Study those edits, not just look at them!

Offline philipptr

• View Profile
@ Philipptr -  I did but i can't find a reasonable one the all require more time.

Any more fast critics ?

Not true. Changing the palette doesnt take much time. Correcting the angle of the nose, doesnt take much time. Fixing the strange bubbles (I think this was mentioned at pixeljoint) doesnt take much time.