AuthorTopic: Pixeloden? Suikoxel?  (Read 4507 times)

sonic_reaper

Pixeloden? Suikoxel?

on: January 17, 2006, 11:35:38 pm
Ha!  Just had a fine idea with like a community project.  I'm sure everyone is at least in-passing familar with the Suikoden series - well anyway, why not make our own Suikoden sprites as part of a community?  We'd need a template I guess ... the sprite would need the basic North/East/South/West frames and a portrait.  Maybe later we could even elaborate into a battle sprite.  Starting small would probably be best (so like a standing South frame and a portrait).

I'm just not sure about the template.  I hate the way the Suikoden sprites are actually made (if you've ever zoomed in on one you'd understand why), so perhaps another template would be appropriate.  And of course a size for a portrait.  I would say may even trying to follow a specific style for the portrait so the end result would look like a series of characters for the same project (obviously the initial goal though I suppose).

What does everyone think?

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Re: Pixeloden? Suikoxel?

Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006, 11:45:40 pm
If you have an idea for a community activity, please send them to a community representative.

sonic_reaper

Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 11:47:35 pm
Yes Mr. Robot ¬_¬

But no seriously I just wanted to discuss it first cause some people may be all "BAH!  Bad idea ...".

So ... yeah.  Just wanted to see what everyone thought first.  This may not even happen.  Dunno.  I can't guess what everyone is thinking.

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #3 on: January 17, 2006, 11:52:58 pm
There's no harm in thinking about what may be a good activity for the community, but if you do come up with something which is feasible and is presented well to a community rep, we can then go make it official if it passes their approval.

Offline Mercury Rising

• View Profile
    • RaiderRobotix

Reply #4 on: January 19, 2006, 11:36:13 pm
Isnt this a lot like the Retro Rpg challenge?  Either one or two... cant remember.  Just plus a portriat.
PM your ideas to a Daijin or Daihyo, or just wait until one checks this topic.
Proud to be a BMS team:

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #5 on: January 24, 2006, 01:44:45 pm
geez, maybe you were right about what you said in pm XD

I dont know what suidoken is...at all, but it must be an interesting style if you're so into it

post some pics dude =)

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: January 29, 2006, 04:39:08 pm
Same. I don't think I've even heard of Suikoden before...

Offline Zolthorg

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: January 29, 2006, 06:42:49 pm
Here's an example of one of the battle scenes from suikoden 2
http://www.playphoria.com/games/suikoden2/images/Suikoden2.jpg

notice the strange stretch angle and the dynamic poses. ( wish this screenshot had more, almost everyone in the game has different battle stances, few are clones and each game has some really high number of playable characters, out of a possible 108 you're collecting)
^
let it be known the ones that share stances at least have their hair and clothes changed to looks like the character.

---

here's an example of the walkies, though the fire champion rite here looks like he has some mighty strange thighs >_>
http://www.vidgames.com/ps/screens/suikoden2.jpg

---

edit:
better example of walkies:
http://www.ncsx.com/www/ncs091498/ps_genso2a_web.jpg

more stances:
http://www.rpgclassics.com/staff/cidolfas/suikoden2.jpg
« Last Edit: January 29, 2006, 06:44:55 pm by Zolthorg »