AuthorTopic: Atalanta Animations  (Read 24571 times)

Offline TrevoriuS

• Pixels... everywhere!!
    • View Profile

Re: Atalanta Animations

Reply #20 on: January 13, 2009, 08:07:41 pm
In the animation as it is now, she;d have to take arrows from over the right shoulder (for us viewers the left) as that's where the hand is when the arrow is released, and therefore the fastest.

Offline NaCl

• When it rains it pours
    • View Profile

Reply #21 on: January 14, 2009, 06:02:49 am
Ok, here is my implementation of ndchristie's advice about the animation, and archery in general. I feel the piece is significantly better for it, so thank you ndchristie. Also, I think your new crit has been accounted for as well, TrevoriuS, thanks! Next I will implement some of Shrikes suggestions.

Offline xhunterko

• View Profile

Reply #22 on: January 14, 2009, 07:17:55 am
Hey, that's much better now!

Just a few style gripes. The getting the arrow part should be just a tad slower so we can tell whats going on. Maybe a flourish for critical hits? And no hair movement? It feels like it should tho. That's all I got right now.

Offline TrevoriuS

• Pixels... everywhere!!
    • View Profile

Reply #23 on: January 14, 2009, 12:36:28 pm
NaCl, you're almost there but not just yet. First off, the right arm's elbow should be higher than the hand as that allows for more strength. Then the bow should be in place BEFORE any force is applied to the arrow and string from the right arm. The left arm must basically not or barely move anymore once there is pressure on both arms.

Offline CaKsTeR

• View Profile

Reply #24 on: January 14, 2009, 03:39:31 pm
When she pulls the arrow out of the quiver, it goes too fast. That's the first problem with that part. Secondly, the arrow appears to be coming out horizontally, which doesn't make sense.  :P

Offline Shrike

• View Profile

Reply #25 on: January 14, 2009, 03:50:12 pm
Yes, I think you just rushed through it.  I do that all the time, ( ::) ) but give her a lot of time to draw out the arrow, fit it into the bow and then ready herself.  Still, though, I really like this.  :D

Toodles!
Shrike

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #26 on: January 14, 2009, 06:02:27 pm
OK so i finally found a minute to do a quick drawing - doesn't address the larger issue of loading (need more drawings) but it does address a bit of firing issues :

from here as you can see the hand is already in the ideal position to draw an arrow from the shoulder by continuing the up-back motion or to draw from the hip by following a similar rotation out and around.  Words are failing utterly though so I suggest not changing anything based on my descriptions until I can illustrate.

You're still attempting to mix styles with the bow dropped vertically and the quiver on the shoulder.  It's going to be awkward like this no matter what you do.  more to come.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 06:06:47 pm by ndchristie »
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline NaCl

• When it rains it pours
    • View Profile

Reply #27 on: January 15, 2009, 07:05:06 pm
I added in another frame to drawing an arrow from the quiver, I think it is smoother now:

Offline NaCl

• When it rains it pours
    • View Profile

Reply #28 on: January 21, 2009, 03:29:31 am
I've been working on a run for a while, here is what I have so far (still WIP):

The head and hair will be animated! No need to point it out, I just have not gotten to it yet. All other C+C welcome.

Offline CaKsTeR

• View Profile

Reply #29 on: January 21, 2009, 04:22:23 am
She sort of looks to be doing the Can-can. I think you should make her lean forward a bit more, instead of being straight-backed.