AuthorTopic: Snap Fire  (Read 3228 times)

Offline steven

• View Profile

Snap Fire

on: January 16, 2006, 11:18:36 pm
Another pixel, by the way what does C&C mean?  I am new to the scene, I know you all must hear that alot. =]

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Re: Snap Fire

Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006, 12:47:46 am
c&c means critique & comments..
and with that, I'd like to add that the sprite could use more contrast since at the moment it is had to see the different values in the shadeing, causeing it to appear flat.

Offline steven

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 02:37:51 am
I can't really think of a better way to add contrast, but this is what I came up with brightening the red and getting rid of the arm band object also finishing his leg that was missing a few pixels.

New/Old

Offline David

• View Profile
    • I Am Not Original

Reply #3 on: January 17, 2006, 03:25:53 am

I added contrast by changing the saturation along with the brightness of the colors more drastically from one to the other. I also just goofed around with the image a little bit in hopes that you'll pick up some useful things. Keep at it.

Offline Andy Tran

• View Profile
    • The City of Andy Tran

Reply #4 on: January 18, 2006, 12:51:29 am
 Like what I went over in the other thread on the blue guy. Vary the hues of the highlights and shadows. For your sprite here, it looks like it should have the shadow of the yellow monster to orange. Add about 1 or more shades to add more contrast to it. I hope you still get the idea.