AuthorTopic: alisha  (Read 13828 times)

Offline balls01

• 사랑
    • View Profile
    • Balls Art

alisha

on: January 02, 2009, 04:47:44 pm
hey everyone and everyone else.

i have a new attempt at a portrait this time i think im more organised and correct and i havnt rushed ahead. this time coloring i used 8 directions and then rounded them. the hair is how it starts out. ptoing maybe might remember me asking about this outline but ive redone the outline and not traced i drew it and fixed it up. might still look similar because i think i measured the differ in each line art.

well enough with the jibber  jabber and down to the wipper wapper

reference: http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/119/p20120816081de6.jpg
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 03:29:46 am by balls01 »

your choice of color, is your voice of color
BallsArt

Offline Atnas

• very daijōbs
    • paintbread
    • paintbread
    • View Profile

Re: alisha

Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 04:55:41 pm
I don't want to register on myspace to view your reference  ;)

It might help if you stop thinking so much about the lines. They're constricting your work and making it lifeless, static, and boring. You won't get anywhere fast by making precise one pixel outlines when a lot of it will wind up being changed along the road.

This is also a bit big, it might be better to shrink it so you can work on the pixel level. I think of it as the lesser area, the lesser chance you have to screw up. And it's true, you get a lot more control when things are smaller.

Offline Dr D

• Not a real doctor.
    • View Profile
    • PJ Gallery

Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 09:58:32 pm
The profile is private anyway. >.>

Offline Jim16

• Damian_G_R
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/18544.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 11:22:22 pm
Then why give the reference, if we can't look at it?

Edit:
Your right Quake, so something should be said.
your tones of colours are rough, and seem like a gradient. So yeah tomuch contrast, But I know you have seen this already.
As for the breasts...IF I see a girl with nipples that wide and big....well I call you up and tell you how the night went XD

Wait is that here breast or her leg? I'm confused now. If it is her leg/thigh then why are you showing the knee when, you know where the knee would be by looking at where the lower leg is.

If it is a breast, then why is it coming out of her shoulder, I think(I'm not sure) that it should be a bit lower and a bit in(this differs on the girl[I still want to see the referance?]. Well out of time.  I have to go to sleep. hope some of this helped.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 11:41:54 pm by Jim16 »

Offline Quake

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 11:29:18 pm
what's with the arm on the right? Although, ptoing does this (i think).. i don't think it's a good strategy for you. He has a more adept understanding of lightning than you and i (no offence) and i think it won't help you in anyway.

On the side note.. i think you should delete jim16's and Dr D's post.... It's kind of a waste and a one liner..
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 05:37:31 pm by Quake »

Offline balls01

• 사랑
    • View Profile
    • Balls Art

Reply #5 on: January 03, 2009, 03:24:55 am
This is also a bit big, it might be better to shrink it so you can work on the pixel level. I think of it as the lesser area, the lesser chance you have to screw up. And it's true, you get a lot more control when things are smaller.
yeah i was thinking last night of making it smaller, i seem to have greater sucession with smaller images

Quote from: Jim16
Then why give the reference, if we can't look at it?

Edit:
Your right Quake, so something should be said.
your tones of colours are rough, and seem like a gradient. So yeah tomuch contrast, But I know you have seen this already.
As for the breasts...IF I see a girl with nipples that wide and big....well I call you up and tell you how the night went XD
sorry jim but im sad to say that her breasts arent showing at all in this picture. shes lying down i think your looking at her dress and then her legs pointing in the air

as for reference im sorry for the inconveniance here we go http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/119/p20120816081de6.jpg

i made it smaller, and got eid if the colors and im going to redo them but heres it so far, i cant get her eyes right.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 04:07:47 am by balls01 »

BallsArt

Offline Jim16

• Damian_G_R
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/18544.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #6 on: January 03, 2009, 07:29:44 am
Thanks for cleaning up bad air "cough".
Yeah, makes more sense now with the cleaned up line art.
I'd recomend finishing the line art first before you carry on. Otherwise you'll have loads of trouble getting it right in the future.

Offline balls01

• 사랑
    • View Profile
    • Balls Art

Reply #7 on: January 03, 2009, 03:33:54 pm
i fixed up the eye

any more nibbles at the outline

BallsArt

Offline Chris2balls

• Pixel Artist
    • ckelsallpxls
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/14966.htm
    • chris2balls
    • chriskelsallpixelart
    • View Profile
    • Chris Kelsall's Pixel Portfolio

Reply #8 on: January 03, 2009, 03:46:21 pm
http://www.wayofthepixel.net/pixelation/index.php?topic=7424.0
The crits, techniques, etc given here should help you. I have the impression you have the same problem as the topic creator: you rely too much on the line art. Anyway don't thank me, but the people who originally wrote those words of wisdom :)
☑ Available for work     ☒ Unavailable for work
Check out my portfolio if you are looking for a pixel artist!

Offline balls01

• 사랑
    • View Profile
    • Balls Art

Reply #9 on: January 03, 2009, 04:26:30 pm
i will test out this meathod because it will be as much of a learning experience than it was for him, maily because i always start with an outline.

im not very fond of mr paint brush it looks incredibly bad. i seriously feel i just wasted an hour of my life

but then again i just remembered this shouldnt be as hard as i thaught for me to pick up, loot at my avatar, i did it exactly like this
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 04:34:40 pm by balls01 »

BallsArt