AuthorTopic: hooded guy (wip)  (Read 2872 times)

Offline Red_Mist

• Not enough pixels in the world.
    • View Profile
    • FuzionLLC

hooded guy (wip)

on: January 11, 2009, 06:20:29 pm
Okay, so once again souly has inspired me with his leetness, so I've decided to play around with terrain and character platform mocks.

Obviously the character is lacking a whole lot of originality, so thats a key issue. the character I would like to keep simple so that I can animate him easily enough. if all turns out well, I will post a platform game demo of this just for fun.

<Xion> I can't see it why can't I see it

Offline PypeBros

• Pixel Padawan
    • PypeBros
    • View Profile
    • Bilou Homebrew's Blog.

Re: hooded guy (wip)

Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 06:44:30 pm
hehe ... nice ceylan rocky floors wake up EGA-apogee nostalgy in my brain ^_^
Maybe you want to add just ... one distinctive item on your character ?

Offline Red_Mist

• Not enough pixels in the world.
    • View Profile
    • FuzionLLC

Reply #2 on: January 11, 2009, 07:20:12 pm
hehe ... nice ceylan rocky floors wake up EGA-apogee nostalgy in my brain ^_^
Maybe you want to add just ... one distinctive item on your character ?

ooh could you elaborate a little on the ega-apogee style and the ceylan thing...(ceylan a shade of blue?) I googled it but failed in finding a pixel related topic.
btw I took your advice on making my character a little more distinctive, what do you think?

LOL! j/k

apon further research... I kinda see what you mean by looking at games like crystal caves and duke nukem... so thanks for the input!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 07:30:14 pm by Red_Mist »
<Xion> I can't see it why can't I see it

Offline HughSpectrum

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: January 11, 2009, 08:03:40 pm
I think the character being such a silhouette-esque design makes him stand out, because he looks like a moving shadow in a detailed environment.

Offline PypeBros

• Pixel Padawan
    • PypeBros
    • View Profile
    • Bilou Homebrew's Blog.

Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009, 08:37:17 pm
btw I took your advice on making my character a little more distinctive, what do you think?
ROFL.
Well, yeah. I was probably the last one to give that advice. It's been said one learns from errors, maybe my error may be useful for others to learn too :P
I was more thinking at any colored scarf, unusual weapon or winged boots that might make him stand out a little more ... Take Zool, for instance. Initially, it's a very simple character made of simple shapes and a ninja-like attitude... Give him large ears and a weird thing on the eyes and he's becoming a videogame hero that sticks in mind.

apon further research... I kinda see what you mean by looking at games like crystal caves and duke nukem... so thanks for the input!
Yes, exactly that kind. And Bio menace, Monster Bash, Commander Keen and the others ... i should have said "cyan", of course, aka #00xyxy (ceylan being the french word ... i always mix them).