AuthorTopic: Modern-Medieval Mockup Dump  (Read 2821 times)

Offline CaKsTeR

• View Profile

Modern-Medieval Mockup Dump

on: December 26, 2008, 12:10:22 am
I've been trying to get back into pixeling, and to improve my skill, so I decided I would start a small mockup project. Basically, this would take place in modern-ish times, but everyone fights with medieval weapons. No I don't plan to actually program this  :)

Main Character Idle

This is all I have at the moment. Feel free to rip me apart with criticism  ;D

Offline Jim16

• Damian_G_R
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/18544.htm
    • View Profile

Re: Modern-Medieval Mockup Dump

Reply #1 on: December 26, 2008, 04:42:05 pm
very....boring IDLE animation? it has no character, but it also seems unfinished.

Other than that not much to go on, for a mock-up that it.
I wouldn't even consider this to be mock-up material at all at this moment in time, as a mock up is an example of what your final piece might look as a whole, not individual things. Then again it is a dump.

But I would consider a bit more to be shown? like thoughts of a WIP mock up and other things like other characters, portraits and tiles that would be used to build the actual mock-up, Also what resolution is going to be used as this would help to know what console this would be made for.

I think the idea has promise, but do you really know where your going with this?

Jim

Offline CaKsTeR

• View Profile

Re: Modern-Medieval Mockup Dump

Reply #2 on: December 26, 2008, 05:41:46 pm
I do know where I want to go with this, so don't worry  ;)

I just didn't have the chance to work on this project more last night, so I decided to post this up to get some C&C while I was sleeping.

Any suggestions on how to give the character more... character? I'm still relatively new to character design.

Thanks!