AuthorTopic: Tree Attempt [WIP]  (Read 2514 times)

Offline Pmitch

• View Profile

Tree Attempt [WIP]

on: December 22, 2008, 05:46:52 pm
Okay, well this is my first time posting here, however I've been a long time lurker around here and pixel joint, so i figured id post this here, because from what ive seen you guys are all great with critiquing work.

Ive made a tree for an online game of mine, I started with the trunk and branches, after i finish that ill move onto making the  leaves (but keep a copy of the leafless version as a base for different seasons and what not) Id like to know what i can to do it to make it look better, and what the best way would be for me to implement the leaves to it.

The tree on the right was my copy of the tree i wanted to keep incase i applied the lighest shade incorrectly. So the main focus is the one on the left.

Offline Terley

• Terley is King, but he needs a new avatar.
    • View Profile

Re: Tree Attempt [WIP]

Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 08:09:10 pm
You've come to the right place  ;D

Nice tree, can't bash the structure of it too much because there's nothing wrong with  :-\ .. Just maybe an increase in contrast, and some hue shifts. Keep your lightsource in mind.
I've not got anything interesting to type here..

Offline NaCl

• When it rains it pours
    • View Profile

Re: Tree Attempt [WIP]

Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 11:16:01 am
Hey Pmitch,

Looks quite good. I am still new and inexperienced at making the leaf parts of trees, but I have found that defining the shape of the overall leaf bundles and getting the shading on those first, then just going through and adding texture and detail works best. Maybe this will work for you.