AuthorTopic: Frog joke WIP  (Read 2563 times)

Offline skooba-dude

• Skooba-dude says:Merry Christmas!!!!!!
    • View Profile

Frog joke WIP

on: December 22, 2008, 05:03:02 am

just a funny pic of a frog, I drew the water as squashed circles the added some random highlights with a spray paint tool. The frog just seems to need something,....
Was going to animate, but thought it would be too wrong, and the water would have to ripple.C&C welcome.

Offline Draco9898

• Toucan-tastic.
    • View Profile
    • Trevor Dunbar's website

Re: Frog joke WIP

Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 10:29:59 am
The lighting looks upside down on the frog to me (he is also only two different shades of lighting.), also I would not recommend the spray-can tool as it is better for you to place pixels your self

The lilpad + frog also seem out of perspective with the water, seemingly as-if they we're floating at an angle over the water

There are some strange pixels between the frogs front feet and belly

the lilpad could use some shimmering spots if you really wanted
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 10:35:22 am by Draco9898 »

Offline Jim16

• Damian_G_R
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/18544.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 10:38:34 am
 :-\
Take away the legs.....and wahey! you have your own UFO. At the moment though what you have is a UFF: an unidentified flying frog.
This is as Draco has stated, due to your perspctive problems.

Offline fortunato

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: December 23, 2008, 01:07:12 am
i agree dude, your perspective on the lilypad is off. it looks as though its floating in mid air above an ocean of some sorts.
fix the perspective up by sort of angling the lilypad down more, and if you add some ripples around the lilypad it would make it look so much better. try making some parts of the water a bit darker around the lilypad too (not so sure about this one, im a beginner myself :P). also, if you really want to make it look better, try making the water a little less blue, i.e. desaturate the colors a bit. water is NOT that blue my man!

the scene also sort of brings to mind that the froggy is floating on a pool with a light coming from under the water. this isnt a bad thing! if you want this look, try making the water fade into the distance by making the blue get darker and darker. and if you want to REALLY go nuts, you could make the scene look like its at night by adding more contrast and just making the scene have darker colors. then you could have a reflection of the moon near the frog, so you could have a reason for the frog to have so much light on his belly.