Critique > 2D & 3D

Little Dwarf

(1/3) > >>

ndchristie:
Just a little practice,\\

embarrassing 350 tris and the texels on the legs are too small/many...empty spot on the map is for arms (this guy is going to be light infantry - harquebusier)

TrevoriuS:
Not bad eh =) Uv's on the edge of the helmet are a bit odd, being the border falling off. Care to post any wireframe?

Draco9898:
You have me sold if you made a 2.5d platformer or 3d platformer with 2d gameplay out of this :)

TrevoriuS:
Why embarrased by the poly-count? It's rig-able like this :O

ndchristie:

--- Quote from: Draco9898 on December 16, 2008, 12:29:26 pm ---You have me sold if you made a 2.5d platformer or 3d platformer with 2d gameplay out of this :)

--- End quote ---

Haha, if wishes were horses than beggars would ride; if artists could program we'd do so with pride...

The idea is actually for a strategy game not unlike fire emblem/advance wars/what have you in which the player competed for control of branches and trunk parts of the Yggdrasil as:
The Silf (elves) - they climb about like monkeys/ninjas and are built on speed and striking first.
The Fae (sprites and fairies) - they flit around using mostly assisting or impeding spells and rely on....well, not getting struck.
The Gnomes (think dwarfs but more woodsy) - with the exception of their builder units, they cannot climb, and rely on building structures to advance.  Guns and big axes are where they are at.
The Cull (Mushroom and Lichen-people) - they literally grow on the tree, so while they have a great range of movement in deploying, they are hard to reposition.  They are though the only race to just not care about gravity.
The Blight (Wicked spirits) - a group that is completely balanced in all of the above and the obvious "nemesis" faction (think chaos from warhammer).

The reason for the structures/gravity bit and the reason this game will never be made is that it's meant to be quite literally grid-combat over a branch, and use all the sides of that branch (including the bottom).

Perhaps one day a magical, experienced and not-busy 3d programmer will sweep me off my feet and make this game, but until then it's just low-res practice for when I feel untalented or am tired of thinking about blobs of ferrets (which you are not allowed to know about yet).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version