AuthorTopic: allaze-eroler's WIP -tweaking the sprite-  (Read 25855 times)

Offline Dr D

• Not a real doctor.
    • View Profile
    • PJ Gallery

Re: allaze-eroler's WIP -art style answer and a storyboard-

Reply #40 on: March 23, 2009, 06:16:26 pm
I'd just like to point out that the walk cycle animation includes the thicker version of the legs, while the walk animation, and the piece posted with all the frames, includes the thinner legs version. That may have caused a bit of confusion.

But, yeah, I personally agree that the thicker legs are better, and more realistic, as those skinny legs have me questioning how it would hold up the body attached to it. All in all, I like the concept a lot more than the sprite so far, I think you should study it a bit closer and incorporate some more things from it into your sprite. It also shows a lot of personality, which while your sprite shows some, I think it lacks that of what is shown in the concept.

Offline allaze-eroler

• View Profile
    • allaze-eroler's deviantart

Re: allaze-eroler's WIP -art style answer and a storyboard-

Reply #41 on: March 26, 2009, 12:46:07 am
I'm sorry, I take offense on being called blind.

I can clearly see that the legs in the concept are thick, while the pixeled version is walking on chopsticks.

As Blumunkee says, I'd stick to the concept, it does look a lot better that way.

sorry for being too rude and stupid to tell you that, it's just that i didn't realized what i said, it was late as hell and i wrote it at 4:00 just before i go to bed.... you understand why i feel quite frustrated by the internet issue.

I see no sticky legs in the concept. What are you talking about?

that is because you're blind.

ps : don't blame me if i feel rude, it's just because i'm just pissed off from one java stuff that i can't solve it...

Haha, this is such a blunt comeback, made me laugh.

But yes, Gil's point is indeed valid and you need to be sure to follow your reference correctly, as it stands now both the reference image and the sprite have stumpy legs, but the sprite's legs are indeed much thinner and it does look a little weird. O:

And of course people'll blame you if you're rude to them. If you're feeling pissed off, then go take out your anger on something else and be sure to listen to the critique here. No. 1 rule of the boards IS 'don't be an ass', and while we're all assy sometimes, let's try to not be that on this board O:

Don't go around calling people blind, it'll spread the pissed-off-ness and soon no one will want to give good critique, and just fight about it instead. Heh. (: Remember to be nice, is all!

i know it, it's just that i'm simply out of control and like i said, i went asleep really late as hell... which i didn't realized that :sry:

I'd just like to point out that the walk cycle animation includes the thicker version of the legs, while the walk animation, and the piece posted with all the frames, includes the thinner legs version. That may have caused a bit of confusion.

But, yeah, I personally agree that the thicker legs are better, and more realistic, as those skinny legs have me questioning how it would hold up the body attached to it. All in all, I like the concept a lot more than the sprite so far, I think you should study it a bit closer and incorporate some more things from it into your sprite. It also shows a lot of personality, which while your sprite shows some, I think it lacks that of what is shown in the concept.

indeed, you're right about it and it's what my buddy and i were trying to redesign the main character so, there the new version of reference sheet and the first re-due sprite.

http://oekakiallaze.free.fr/projet/mail_tale/main_char_refference_sheet.png nudity content

and the sprite that i'm still working on, it look too cartoon compared to level design... :

i hope it will be fine after what it happen :sry:

any C&C are welcoming

Offline allaze-eroler

• View Profile
    • allaze-eroler's deviantart

Re: allaze-eroler's WIP -a full re-due and an apology-

Reply #42 on: March 27, 2009, 02:59:41 pm
i finally add some shadow on this sprite and i hope it will be enough good.

like i said previously, it's based on this new artwork that my fellow buddy drew it :

http://oekakiallaze.free.fr/projet/mail_tale/main_char_refference_sheet.png nudity content

any c&c please.