AuthorTopic: Weapons  (Read 2501 times)

Offline Dairy

• View Profile

Weapons

on: December 06, 2008, 05:23:35 pm
Hello,

It's me again, after some suggestion from the community around here I changed my style a little bit and now I would like to introduce you my new Kalaschnikov AK-74 pixelated. :)

Enjoy

« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 12:05:28 am by Dairy »

Offline JonathanOfDrain

• Lonely
    • View Profile
    • TheyWillEat.Us

Re: AK-74

Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 12:39:29 am
You have 29 colors. Those greys could easily be reduced. You might want to think about that black line art, it's harsh and your colors aren't particularly high contrast.
I'll make an edit later.

EDIT:
You need to have an eye on your palette. 29 colors is unnecessary, you had a few colors that was only one point higher in value. The difference was almost unnoticeable, it was pointless. A lot of the shapes on the metal body of the AK didn't make sense, even in context the shapes didn't make a lot of sense. It's my opinion that the black lines make pixel art look flatter than it is.

I think it's important for me to mention, if you have a reference you used then it'd be in your best interest to post it or the link. This will help us know what you're trying to achieve.

I liked making those black lines a bit softer with anti aliasing. I got rid of a lot of colors. 13 actually. Look at this, if there's anything you like feel free to learn from it. Anything you hate you can reconsider and if you still hate it then don't use it.

Hope this helped you out.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 01:39:57 am by JonathanOfDrain »

Offline Dairy

• View Profile

Re: Weapons

Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 12:06:56 am
Well, I like your edit only in the middle (the body) metal part. I was following the real colors, maybe they're not exactly copy of them but the clip is supposed to be kind of red. And the upper body should be like that plus the bright gray is supposed to be there. But I like your edit tho.