AuthorTopic: BrandonD's Portfolio  (Read 24869 times)

Offline BrandonD

• View Profile

BrandonD's Portfolio

on: December 09, 2008, 02:04:50 am
Hi, my name is Brandon and I've been a professional pixel artist for over 10 years. I can be contacted for work at this email address: brandon@nightdrivemusic.com

Some of my former employers include Ask.com and Kindle Publishing. My primary job in each of these companies was to create pixel art - for Ask.com I created animated cursors for their company Cursormania, and for Kindle Publishing I created pixel art for their education software called "HeartBeeps".

Here are some samples of my HeartBeeps artwork:

Here's a small sample of my Cursormania artwork:

I've also done a great deal of contract pixel art work.

I created all the character artwork for the online comic game "Wreck Sector":

http://wrecksector.com/

I've also created pixel art for the games Pocket Boxing Legends, Tactikon 2, and ReconinForce:

More samples from recent projects:

I'm interested in hearing from employers, and also from any other pixel artists who have comments or critiques on my work. Thanks everyone for welcoming me to the site!

-BrandonD
« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 06:44:10 pm by BrandonD »

Offline orymus

• View Profile

Re: BrandonD's Portfolio

Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 03:43:03 pm
Well if you are willing to work with more detailed sprites and animations, then yes, I suppose we could try and see what you could come up with.
As an example, use a 24X32 size and base your work off the template I have provided in my post. I suggest you should try and make an enemy of your own, animated in 4 directions just to give us an idea of what you can do. I'll give you comments on that, and if we can find agreement, the real business may start.
By the way, please email me orymus@gmail.com instead of PMs. You will get quicker replies ;)

Offline BrandonD

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 04:52:51 pm
Well if you are willing to work with more detailed sprites and animations, then yes, I suppose we could try and see what you could come up with.

Thanks for the comment, I've added some animated characters to the samples above.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 01:55:08 am by BrandonD »

Offline pstroffo

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: December 07, 2009, 05:32:23 pm
Brandon did a phenomenal job producing a large number of sprites for a new, soon-to-be-released iphone boxing game.
The work involved required consistency, quick turnaround, and a keen sense of human anatomy and kinematic keyframes.

Brandon met every delivery checkpoint with time to spare, and provided quick turn around for minor change requests.
Brandon demonstrated creativity and a keen sense of humor producing original character designs based on suggestions.

Phil Stroffolino
pstroffo@yahoo.com

Offline BobBaker92

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: December 18, 2009, 09:34:33 pm
Hello, I just finished a project with Brandon and I having nothing but GREAT things to say.

-Prices were very fair
-Very flexible
-Met every deadline with time to spare
-Was easy to communicate with, and get my ideas across
-Quality was amazing, I am very pleased.

I will definitely use him again for my next project.

Thanks,
Bobby

Any questions about my experience with Brandon can be sent to bobbybaker82[at]gmail.com

Offline lls8ll

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: February 02, 2010, 09:02:39 pm
It was a pleasure working with Brandon on the pilot project.
He did a fantastic job in very short time, and stayed very responsive and flexible with all the further changes / additions that were necessary to complete the project.
He has very reasonable pricing, and I will definitely contact him again when I need some more quality pixels.

if you would like more info on our collaboration, feel free to contact me on konstantin dot leo at gmail dot com

Offline WreckSector

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: April 18, 2010, 01:54:57 pm
I commissioned about $1000 worth of sprite work from Brandon, and I have found him to be highly reliable, talented, punctual, and responsive.  I'm thrilled with his artwork, and I think his prices were reasonable.  He communicates very well, and did exactly what I asked. 

I hope he has a bright future, and if I ever need more pixel work, I won't hesitate to work with him again!

Offline ThePocalypse

• View Profile
    • Portfolio Site

Reply #7 on: January 03, 2011, 04:57:12 pm
Brandon was an absolute pleasure to work with! His work was high quality and he worked extremely quickly. His responses were very prompt and professional. He is very reliable and I was comfortable with giving him a lot of artistic freedom.

I asked him for help for a small project and I won't hesitate to ask him for help again! :D Thanks, again!

Offline JerethKnight

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: August 31, 2012, 11:02:44 am
Brandon does fine work quickly and inexpensively. He's very easy to work with and gets things done in a timely fashion. We intend to keep using him for our current project as well as future ones.

Don't hesitate to contact him.

Offline mELTINGsKYsTUDIOS

• View Profile

Reply #9 on: July 28, 2013, 10:50:09 am
I just worked on a small project with Brandon. He did a great job, and did it very quickly. High quality work!