AuthorTopic: A hall of some repute  (Read 2185 times)

Offline Hellaphone

• View Profile

A hall of some repute

on: February 24, 2010, 10:00:09 am
I was just messing around and came up with this, and have been working on it on and off for a few hours now. What do you think? I'm thinking of expanding it and adding some more pillars and other stuff.

Done in MS Paint, the "painting" was drawn in SAI and then reduced in Paint, while the Chinese characters were just pasted in Arial (hope that's ok?). The Lucas sprite is from Mother 3 and is just there for scale. Everything else was hand-pixelled by me.

Thank you!

Oh yeah, I'd really like to have some light falling on that pillar, but I have no idea how to make it look natural.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 10:45:58 am by Hellaphone »

Offline bengo

• https://pixeljoint.com/p/5787.htm
    • View Profile

Re: A hall of some repute

Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 04:21:15 pm
You were on /ic/, still not really sure what you're going for, perspective is odd, no light source, you seem fairly new to art actually.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 04:26:06 pm by bengoshia »

Offline Hellaphone

• View Profile

Re: A hall of some repute

Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 08:36:34 pm
The idea came from some lines I wrote idly: "walk back to your womb / curl to sleep there / the sky is dark red / and it will be when the world ends" - emo and pretentious, I know! But it wasn't that serious in the first place.

It got me to thinking what it would look like if the world was a giant womb, and the SAI drawing is based on this. Then I came up with a cult based on it, and felt like pixelling a crumbling hall or place of worship dedicated to their emo values.