AuthorTopic: '57 Chevy  (Read 7301 times)

Offline AlexWeldon

• View Profile

Re: '57 Chevy

Reply #10 on: December 01, 2008, 05:33:26 pm
This is turning out great! You could sacrifice a thought or two on how to crop this image. Currently the car is a bit on the left side of the image looking away from the viewer. Is there some kind of message you want this picture to have? There's a few things you can put there without changing the perspective and one is to make the car more personal by placing it in a specific way in the picture. You probably want the car's face to be the focal point, so try and enforce that. Expand the picture a bit on the left side to move the car to the right.

You could also do the opposite... sometimes having something way off centre draws more attention than having it dead centre. Either is better than having it just a bit off, though. If you expand the picture to the right, you can actually have the road go all the way to the vanishing point, or almost... then you'd really get a sense of speed and distance, with this car rocketing along an endless road. Right now, it kind of looks like it's parked.

Offline shy_dude

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: December 03, 2008, 12:36:24 am
I wanna say I'm done with this, the clouds are kinda bothering me though, but I guess thats the best I can do with 7 colors. So I guess I'll upload it on Pixel Joint.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 01:09:25 am by shy_dude »

Offline Shrike

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: December 03, 2008, 06:08:41 pm
Mucho gusto. i love the style, and the new palette is rather nice. But the clouds look like... not clouds. If you're happy with it, then that's all that matters. You're the artist. It will probably never be perfect in your eyes, but if you want it better, i would make it a much clearer sky with a few whispy clouds. I'd make an edit, but atm I'm procrastinating on something else. Good luck!

Shrike