AuthorTopic: Long-Sleeved Larry!  (Read 4213 times)

Offline Dokozai

• View Profile

Long-Sleeved Larry!

on: December 02, 2008, 03:20:10 am
Mock-up to follow up when I finish the main sprite, I'd like some critique please!
I'm trying to keep the style a BIT simple, though I'm really iffy about the colors right now...
 :yell:

Opinions are also welcome, as always!
 :crazy:

Offline Dokozai

• View Profile

Re: Long-Sleeved Larry!

Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 07:30:57 pm

I want to potray him as a timid person.
 :-\

Offline Shrike

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 03:13:08 pm
Sorry about your lack of replies, you must know that stuff happens frequently around here.

So! i like your little character here, but you may have to think of a revamp. It reads okay, but it's kind of jaggy, and whats going on with his left foot? i know what you're trying to accomplish- but make the color of the highlight on the left foot not a highlight. It doesn't read well against the background. But! if this is for a game, then maybe you should keep it that way. Try it against some different backgrounds, not just for the foot but also for the colors in general. They look funny, not sure why. When i have time later ill try an edit. Also, i think the new body is a step backward. Take the new head and put it on the old body, it'd work better i think. What is all this for? if just for practice i can destroy it for you, but if its for a game, you probably have some size restrictions and maybe colors. Expect an edit later today!
Cheers!
Shrike

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 04:28:33 pm
I don't actually have the same reading problems and think that the second is a real improvement.  These colors can work but they would need to be against a particularly light and simple background, perhaps something a bit kenneth-fejery (although there are a lot of worthless copycats so i mean that only terms of feeling and not technique).
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline no face

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: December 07, 2008, 09:16:56 am
I wouldn't know anything about the colors, but i think you pulled off the timid pose well. I really like the 2nd one.

Offline scarmy

• Storm Mage
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: December 07, 2008, 01:31:16 pm
the ground tiles do not have their colours distinguishing enough ... is this deliberate? :-\
"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
-- Antoine de Saint-Exupery, "Le Petit Prince"