AuthorTopic: [wip] Man they would really make a horrible team of heroes  (Read 15196 times)

Offline 1up

• bbbbbbbbbbbbbb
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Re: [wip] Man they would really make a horrible team of heroes

Reply #20 on: December 01, 2008, 07:46:28 pm
These are great, and a fantastic improvement in just a year! One comment I have is that all your characters except the big hobo dude are teetering forward slightly off balance. It's not as bad as the 2007 versions but still just enough to make the poses uncomfortable/unsettling. Sometimes this effect can be used to your advantage but for a static idle pose it may not be best. Ways to avoid this include drawing a line down the center of the character to check the balance, and occasionally flipping your characters horizontally since your eyes tend to skew things in one direction.
Yeah, I'm planning on completely remaking the 2nd and fifth characters. I'll probably make a few changes to the first one to try and make them all balanced. Thanks for the comment though, never noticed they were off balance before
And you WILL name him Jackten. >.>
And for the fat hobo guy, I'm having a little bit of a problem with his left hand. I looks off, I can't put my finger on it at the moment.
Haha, no I actually gave the first 3 names when I first made them

Beanie

Gorillaman(though he's more of a hobo man now  :crazy:)

THAT IS IMAGINATION AT ITS FINEST FOLKS!!!
and I'll go ahead and try messing with the hand a bit to see if I can fix it then

Offline Shrike

• View Profile

Reply #21 on: December 01, 2008, 08:10:32 pm
So.... did my edit help at all? :P

I like the name Top- still. You have to admit Jackten is good.
Oh, i figured out what's weird about the hand. His index finger is too square, and it looks like he's holding car keys. I would edit, but i looks like you've got it.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 08:12:21 pm by Shrike »

Offline 1up

• bbbbbbbbbbbbbb
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Reply #22 on: December 01, 2008, 09:12:43 pm
it helped with the hat yeah, though to be honest i'll probably end up just remaking him too  :D

finished the 4th guy and *tried* to fix the hand on the fat guy

edit: fixed some problems i noticed on the 4th guy. now to get back to not working on this at all for the next few hours B)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 11:20:37 pm by 1up »

Offline Crow

• Technicanimal
    • View Profile

Reply #23 on: December 02, 2008, 01:54:45 pm

Rough edit on the hat of the first guy, because I don't really like the latest one.
Discord: Ennea#9999

Offline Souly

• Killer of threads.
    • View Profile
    • Punkys Portfolio

Reply #24 on: December 02, 2008, 06:06:20 pm
I think you may have missed the color in the big guys eyes, unless you want him to have brock (pokémon) type eyes, or just dark eyes.
Up to you, I really like these mainly the second one and the big guys jacket.

Offline TrevoriuS

• Pixels... everywhere!!
    • View Profile

Reply #25 on: December 02, 2008, 06:54:30 pm
Giving the big guy colour or white in his eyes, would entirely ruin his character, so please don't ><

Offline Willows

• View Profile

Reply #26 on: December 02, 2008, 10:56:22 pm

I think something for the eyes would be good. Just looks like he's looking down without any hint of eye/eyelid there.

Offline 1up

• bbbbbbbbbbbbbb
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Reply #27 on: December 02, 2008, 11:17:25 pm
I think you may have missed the color in the big guys eyes, unless you want him to have brock (pokémon) type eyes, or just dark eyes.
Up to you, I really like these mainly the second one and the big guys jacket.
>unless you want him to have brock (pokémon) type eyes
bingo, those wer pretty much supposed to be giant eyebrows  :crazy:

and now for the post

re sketched the 1 and 5 but the 2nd one is being a bitch and I can't get a decent pose for him, so i'll just leave him out for awhile

still need to mess with  the shading on the top hat though

Offline Shrike

• View Profile

Reply #28 on: December 02, 2008, 11:53:49 pm
Coming along rather nicely. New pose for Top fits the character perfectly, i love it. Unlike some, i have no problem with the big guy's eyebrows, in fact, that was one of the nicer character touches. You're really good at capturing personality, which can be hard. I know i can't.

New poses rock- but the last one i have a bit of an issue with. Slowly they are all becoming brawlers, except for the first. Which is fine, but versatility is better in my opinion. If you want brawler style, go ahead- just make them all that way and stick with it. Top really stands out as original. For more differentness, (A non-word, i know) i would make the last somewhat more graceful or angelic. And maybe make the second sort of solid-snake esque? your choice, but really, these are all awesome.  :y: :D

Offline 1up

• bbbbbbbbbbbbbb
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Reply #29 on: December 03, 2008, 12:37:11 am
New poses rock- but the last one i have a bit of an issue with. Slowly they are all becoming brawlers, except for the first. Which is fine, but versatility is better in my opinion. If you want brawler style, go ahead- just make them all that way and stick with it. Top really stands out as original. For more differentness, (A non-word, i know) i would make the last somewhat more graceful or angelic
Yeah, to be honest I was kind of iffy when I first changed it to more of a fighter stance than before, but I like how this one turned out, and now I'm not sure I want to go back to the not-so-badass look that he had before :-X

more opinions would really help me and my inability to decide things