AuthorTopic: C-L-O-W-N-S ! OH MY!  (Read 6925 times)

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Re: C-L-O-W-N-S ! OH MY!

Reply #10 on: December 07, 2008, 03:50:52 pm
Make sure the brightest highlight covers his whole chin and not just the tip!

Bright spot on cheek seems weird, should be closer to black cheek-bone-line. Think of the angle of everything, which angle points the most to the light source? Color the the brightest!

Also go over him with a big brush and clean him up before you continue, fuzzyness makes it hard to see shapes clearly and harder to crit! Go!
' _ '

Offline Ro83rt

• -insert snappy phrase here-
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: December 07, 2008, 05:01:44 pm

tried to clean up the values. cleaner?

Offline pixelaro

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: December 09, 2008, 11:48:08 am
Cleaner it is, but when doing as difficult a light source as this you've got to know anatomy pretty damn good. The line that shows his cheekbone for instance has to go the moment you set the lightsource below him, it isnt a part of his face its just a representation of a shadow that usually are ther when light comes from above. You've got to think about the face as volumes instead of lines, as i see you know and try to do, for instance with his chin. I've tried to do something similar myself and then ended up having rendered it all so nicely but being stuck with some terribly wrong lightning from the start which hurt the piece. Don't do that. :P
I suggest you get some reference on this lightning, here is something I found googling, though you can probably get better.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 11:49:49 am by pixelaro »
:::....