AuthorTopic: Official Pixelopolis Off-Topic Thread  (Read 40583 times)

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Re: Official Pixelopolis Off-Topic Thread

Reply #60 on: January 24, 2006, 08:15:49 am
educated people are peaceful, and they  tend to preserve.
With the exception of those dirty commies.
Kapitalists kan be aggresive too.
You spelled Capitalist with a 'k' = evil

The depth of political argumentation in this thread is profound.

Offline Filax_666

• View Profile

Reply #61 on: January 24, 2006, 09:55:00 am
If I may join the discussion, the world's ten biggest languages are (in this order): Chinese, English, Spanish, Hindi, Turkish, Russian, Arabic, Bengali, Portuguese, and Japanese. So yeah, it could be a good idea to learn Spanish. Be happy you have the opportunity to learn it in school. It's always harder to learn languages the older you get.

I don't want to come off as a wise-ass or something, or shove facts up your face. It's just that I know four languages and I still think I should know more to get by. Only English isn't always sufficient.

I think portuguese was the fifth...but I learned that four years ago, so I might be wrong now....

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #62 on: January 24, 2006, 09:56:24 am
educated people are peaceful, and they  tend to preserve.
With the exception of those dirty commies.
Kapitalists kan be aggresive too.
You spelled Capitalist with a 'k' = evil

The depth of political argumentation in this thread is profound.

Indeed, I am shocked by such profundity, we should change this forum into a political discussion board!
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline DRfeng

• View Profile
    • my homepage

Reply #63 on: January 24, 2006, 12:53:52 pm
some west Germany,

nope i live 3 miles away from the french border and usually its the french ppl that speak german...
1st language in scool here is usually english.

btw.: What exactley makes a "Commie" dirty? I ask this because i just read an interesting
book about the russian jews (Trotzki for example) and the "Commie" revution  against the
Tzar, and i feel like there is a big difference between mad "apparatschicks" like in NorthKo. and
 revolutionary freedomfighters like those wich died in NaziKZs. But thats just an opinion.

Offline DRfeng

• View Profile
    • my homepage

Reply #64 on: January 24, 2006, 12:57:20 pm
It's the base for all (or most) germanic languages isn't it?

nope latin is the source of, the latin languages - italian, french, spanish and romanian. german is very different - more like english.

Offline Mercury Rising

• View Profile
    • RaiderRobotix

Reply #65 on: January 24, 2006, 08:01:13 pm
* To vote for a universal language put an asterisk as the first bit of text in your next post.  Like so.  I don't want to know which language you want as the universal language.  Just asking if you want one or not.  Drat 3ds crashed.  I should probably close it out when I sleep and go to school...   Your post can have nothing to do with the universal language topic just put an asterisk if you vote yes and a dash – if you vote no.  This is not banning other languages just requiring that one specific language required to be known.
Proud to be a BMS team:

Offline crab2selout.png

• lost my left-most pixel in the war
    • View Profile

Reply #66 on: January 24, 2006, 09:22:12 pm
* To vote for a universal language put an asterisk as the first bit of text in your next post. Like so. I don't want to know which language you want as the universal language. Just asking if you want one or not. Drat 3ds crashed. I should probably close it out when I sleep and go to school... Your post can have nothing to do with the universal language topic just put an asterisk if you vote yes and a dash – if you vote no. This is not banning other languages just requiring that one specific language required to be known.
I think the idea of a universal language as required by some law seems a bit loopy. Sounds like something the UN would want to put to a vote or something like that. English is already widely available across much of the world due to the need to be able to quickly communicate with your trading partner. And the idea of having a single language would really start to piss off some people as language is deeply linked to all cultures. Even if you did pass such a thing, you're going to have a hell of a fight on your hands to get people to actually accept it. Like in Canada, the desire of the people in Quebec to keep whatever is left of their French identity has led to them suppressing parts of the Charter on language so the only language allowed in Quebec is French.

Offline Turbo

• less than meets the eye
    • View Profile
    • Pixeljoint TurboAccount

Reply #67 on: January 24, 2006, 10:52:50 pm
Hay look what i found!

http://216.239.59.104/search?q=cache:lzdK2nl_CEYJ:web1.t43.greatnet.de/viewtopic.php%3Ft%3D6866%26sid%3Dade5da4a217076ec12ab467481a34eec+%22Blu+Munkee%22+selout&hl=en&client=firefox-a

Google cached page of ol' pixelation.
I wonder if it could be possible to get all the cached pages and make a torrent with some of the threads... those such as this one, quite helpful.

Offline Mercury Rising

• View Profile
    • RaiderRobotix

Reply #68 on: January 24, 2006, 11:19:12 pm
What's canada or france gonna do to the UN?
Oh crap, the French can take away berets... crap, girls who wear those look really hot.
OK then canada, whats canada gonna do?

« Last Edit: January 25, 2006, 01:54:41 am by Mercury Rising »
Proud to be a BMS team:

Offline Evan

• Marv-O
    • View Profile

Reply #69 on: January 25, 2006, 01:44:05 am
It's very rude for you to assert your beliefs on other people, and on top of that, they are very discriminatory beliefs. It's also sort of crossing into racism.

I don't think you should be trusted with sharp objects.