AuthorTopic: RPG main character, would like c&c *now with mockup*  (Read 9390 times)

Offline Faktablad

• grow
    • View Profile
    • Couchpixel

Re: RPG main character, would like c&c *updated x4*

Reply #10 on: January 26, 2006, 02:52:30 am

You should have the opposite arm move forward when the leg moves forward, like in your other animations.  ;D

Offline Mercury Rising

• View Profile
    • RaiderRobotix

Reply #11 on: January 26, 2006, 11:57:22 am
Yes but the characters gurth is large and so large the arm wouldn’t be visible other than perhaps a single lonely pixel.  Unless he wants to make the animation even stranger and have him walking like the alien from Scary Movie 3 in the news video.  (It was the only example I could think of) 
Proud to be a BMS team:

Offline Greenthorne

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: January 30, 2006, 05:17:47 pm
Sidewalk animation updated. The correct hand and feet now move together. Now I'll do some enviroments before going back to working on the character again.

@FireFly & Faktablad; thanks for pointing it out  ;).

@Dhaos: I wanted to make the character in only 12 colours to see if I could manage, maybe if I make it 16 colours instead I'll be able to add something. He's a mage, though. Maybe a spellbook or a magic wand.

@Mercury Rising: I'm not completely sure what you're talking about, but yes, I agree the characters large stomach is i big part of the problem  ;D.

Offline Greenthorne

• View Profile

Re: RPG main character, would like c&c *updated x5*

Reply #13 on: March 06, 2006, 05:07:35 pm
Added a mockup.

I don't think I mentioned before, but this whole game was for a school project where you had to make a game in four weeks. Well, this mockup is pretty much how far I managed  ;) I'm sure you'll notice that much of the graphics looks rushed. I'm not too unhappy about the interface and the character though. There were trees and enemies as well, but those aren't made by me so I didn't include them in this mockup. There were also some additional animations that I didn't include. The patterns in the interface (in the blue areas) are not made by me, the general design of the skull is also not made by me, although I have coloured it. I post it here mainly for fun, but c&c is always welcome.

Offline ejay

• View Profile

Re: RPG main character, would like c&c *now with mockup*

Reply #14 on: March 07, 2006, 08:15:07 am
Regarding the mockup - I think you have too much contrast at the details which tends to make it look flat. Try shifting the contrast towards the larger shapes and volumes , to establish a consistent and unified lighting .
The character is cool, and i like the way it pops out of the mockup.

Offline Dhaos

• View Profile
    • Crystal Tech Studios

Reply #15 on: March 08, 2006, 05:50:42 pm
I wish I got to make a game for a school project ;_; Anyways the mockup is pretty cool, zany interface too. There is a really werid 'ring' effect going on here and there. (when the dirt meets the cliff, grass meets dirt, and dirt meets water) It looks just plain peculiar...

Offline Krizmo

• Yes, that is me.
    • View Profile

Reply #16 on: March 09, 2006, 10:30:10 am
The sprite looks awesome, well done.

I would jsut like to see some shrubs or trees in the mockup, it would make it a lot more interesting, imo.
Look for your friends, but do not trust a hope. It is forsaken these lands....