AuthorTopic: RPG main character, would like c&c *now with mockup*  (Read 9309 times)

Offline Greenthorne

• View Profile

RPG main character, would like c&c *now with mockup*

on: January 12, 2006, 02:44:16 am
Update6: A mockup added.

Update5: Updated the sidewalk animation, I'm really tired of it now so it'll have to do for a while.

Update4: Sidewalk animation. Looks really bad, pointers greatly appreciated  :P.

Update3: Another animation.

Update2: Tried to animate the bastard. I haven't had the oppurtunity to animate much, which shows in this attempt, c&c on animation would be especially welcome.

@Dhaos, thanks for the kind comment. I'll find a more suitable shade for the hair. And, yes, ZMC is an awesome game  ;D

/Update

Update: Made the back and side views. Not as happy with them as with front view. Any comments about anything at all would be much appreciated  ;). The perspective is supposed to be like Zelda: the minishing cap.
/Update

Hey, everyone

I haven't posted here much, but some would possibly remember me from the old pixelation forums. Anyways I made this character, I'm happy with the face and hair but I don't like the robe, anyone got some ideas on what i could do with it?

new: 

« Last Edit: March 06, 2006, 05:12:53 pm by Greenthorne »

Offline Greenthorne

• View Profile

Re: RPG main character, would like c&c *updated*

Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 07:45:34 pm

Bumped because of update.

Offline Dhaos

• View Profile
    • Crystal Tech Studios

Re: RPG main character, would like c&c *updated*

Reply #2 on: January 13, 2006, 09:56:46 pm
Oooh, this is cute ^.^ I like the style. You might consider lightening the darkest tone of the hair, its a bit over contrasted. Btw ZMC pwnz all =D.

Offline Andy Tran

• View Profile
    • The City of Andy Tran

Re: RPG main character, would like c&c *updated X2*

Reply #3 on: January 14, 2006, 06:51:02 am
 Lightening it would make it blend too much with the other shades. Kinda like a gradient hair, heh. The eyes could use some blue in them or other colors for the iris. Great job there, keep up the good work man.

Offline Darien

• ...nine...ten...draw!
    • View Profile

Re: RPG main character, would like c&c *updated X2*

Reply #4 on: January 14, 2006, 07:41:44 am
This is quite nice.  I'm afraid I don't have any advice on what to do with the robe.  Maybe trying browsing fantasty art forums or deviantArt or something for inspiration? 

In the one where he's facing away from us, I think his part goes down to much.

In the animation, his arms swing forward, but not any further back than they do at rest.  Also, when people walk, it's always opposite hand and foot together.

Offline Greenthorne

• View Profile

Re: RPG main character, would like c&c *updated x3*

Reply #5 on: January 17, 2006, 04:30:42 pm
Small update, another animation. Working on side animation now, which is the hardest one yet.

@ Andy Tran, I think you're right, I tried to tweak the darkest shade of the hair around a bit but i kinda like it as it is, might work some more on that later. Eyes; yea absolutely, should be a different colour on those in the final version. And thanks!  :)

@Darien, about the part going down too much, you might be right, I'll try to get it up to see how it looks, IMO it's not a major issue, though. The arm should be fixed now, thanks for pointing it out. I'm not sure what your mean by opposite hand and foot together; the opposite hand and foot do move together. And thanks to you too for the 'quite nice' comment  ;).

Offline entivore

• Never known love
    • View Profile

Re: RPG main character, would like c&c *updated x3*

Reply #6 on: January 17, 2006, 07:07:58 pm
I think the feet are too far apart.  People stand with feet apart for balance, but when they walk forward the legs are closer together.
Only in the darkness can one most brightly shine

暗闇だけで最も明るい状態で光り輝くことができる

Offline Greenthorne

• View Profile

Re: RPG main character, would like c&c *updated x4*

Reply #7 on: January 24, 2006, 06:30:06 pm

New update, Iv'e been working on the walking animation for the side view for many days now and it still looks very bad  :P. I think I must be missing something fundamental but I can't figure out what.

@entivore; hmm, didn't think of that, maybe your're right, I'll try moving the feet further together and see how it looks.

Offline FireFly

• ~
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart Account

Reply #8 on: January 24, 2006, 07:40:35 pm
The legs in the side-view walking animation (and the front/back view too, perhaps) seems to be going too fast.. Or it may just be how it feels for me, anyways, good luck! I really like these.
Edit: I think the arms should go not like the feets.. Or.. Like when the left arm is swung back, the left feet is forward (and vice versa, of course)... Just a suggestion.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2006, 07:43:03 pm by FireFly »
/ FireFly

Offline Dhaos

• View Profile
    • Crystal Tech Studios

Reply #9 on: January 25, 2006, 04:00:59 am
I love 'lil rpg shuffles errr walks ^^U. As for the design consider:

-adding leather armor (keep the arms and legs red, chest brown)
-adding a shoulder guard (greyish white or brown for leather)
-adding a small sword strapped to his side or back
-simply changing his arm and leg colors (to say green, or pale blue)
-adding a braclet (one pixel thin, a bright color to contrast against the clothing)
-give him a bandana or scarf

You dont have to do all of the above or any of it, just some ideas to keep in mind. Keep up the good work.