AuthorTopic: <help> Pixelproject 3x2 meters  (Read 3613 times)

Offline ndrake

• View Profile

<help> Pixelproject 3x2 meters

on: November 24, 2008, 03:53:12 pm
Hello guys. Yesterday when my mother was repapeting the walls in our living room i had a cool idea to decorate my wall with tiles, the size of 1x1 cm
The problem is that these tiles are made of ceramics. And there's only like 10 different colors available.
first thing: can I buy a spray can and color the ceramics so that the color won't flake off in 1-2 years?
2.  I think there is spacing like 0,5 cm between the tiles. http://www.puppenhausshop.de/images/product_images/thumbnail_images/638_0.jpg.
3. When you buy them, they are on a scotch tape. Could I stick them to the wall and then spraying? Or should I stick them one at a time ?
4. Im an absolute newbie to pixelart. If you have beautiful pixelart that I could use please post it.

Which tiles should I buy?
Has anyone tried something like this before?

I'm 21 btw :)

« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 04:07:47 pm by ndrake »

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Re: <help> Pixelproject 3x2 meters

Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 05:05:48 pm
So long as you are sure to use a proper primer first i don't see why not, this can be gotten from the same hardware store from which you might buy the paint.  Spray them before putting them on the wall, face to the sky, in a well ventilated area (outdoors is best) and do not touch in any way until dry.

what's confusing to me are your measurements, 1cm across with half a cm in between?  are you sure you don't mean 10 cm across? or a much smaller grout?
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline crab2selout.png

• lost my left-most pixel in the war
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 07:46:30 pm
pixeljoint.com is a large gallery site that most members here post at. You can try going through the top rated stuff as well as browsing through the profiles of the artists who make it there.

Good luck and please take pictures as you progress. I would love to see them when you finish.

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 09:10:59 pm
Please make a shrimp pattern ; 3;
' _ '

Offline Kazuya Mochu

• ^thx Larwick
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio website

Reply #4 on: November 24, 2008, 11:00:40 pm
if you are talking about ceramic tiles like these you are going to have a hell of a bad time working it out

first off cause they dont come separate. they come in a 30x30cm net that is then cememnted to the wall. you can pull one out, but im pretty sure you'll never get it back in as secure as it would be if you hadn't messed with it.
anoter thing is that those ceramic tiles are designed for use in bathrooms, so that they dont retain humidity or any form of liquid. they are really polished and you are going to have a huge hard time getting the paint to stick.
best choice would be to get some paints made to paint in glass and use that to paint watever you want, but only after the tiles are on the wall and the cement is dry and the filler is also dried.
Image size doesn't matter! It's what you do with your pixels that counts!

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: November 24, 2008, 11:25:27 pm
There are ceramic tiles for sale here in sweden that are not delivered in meshes. Just saying. The situation might be the same where ndrake lives as well.
' _ '