AuthorTopic: Quick Fighting Jab Comboo  (Read 2908 times)

Offline Ro83rt

• -insert snappy phrase here-
    • View Profile

Quick Fighting Jab Comboo

on: November 22, 2008, 08:21:16 pm

Already posted this on the Pixel-Joint forums for a contest. Im posting it here to see where i should improve for future works. Even if i dont win, i would like to see how i can push my work further. After all its not always about winning. Comments are well appriciated  :) thankss

Offline Destiny

• View Profile

Re: Quick Fighting Jab Comboo

Reply #1 on: November 22, 2008, 09:00:17 pm
During the repeated punching frames the feet are pretty twitchy. The groins shading looks like it twitches as well. The outline also changes around the shoulders, the legs and the arms a lot during the animation. On the last frame the shading seems pretty messy around the hand, back of the leg (farthest away). I don't think the feet should move that much while throwing a punch, but that may just be me. The legs also seem a bit jagged.

Overall its very nice.

Offline Ro83rt

• -insert snappy phrase here-
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: November 23, 2008, 02:51:21 am
thankss yea i realize it does gets choppy in places. any ideas on how to clear that up?

Offline NaCl

• When it rains it pours
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 06:21:32 am
This looks really cool. I like the way the hair moves after he does a strong punch.

I guess I only have a few nitpicks, maybe they will help:

1. During the quick punch, the shading gets less thick on his jacket and crotch. For example, while just standing, light is not hitting the "fly" of his jeans, but when he starts punching then it becomes lit. His hips don't really turn so I don't think they should become lit as if they were turning into a light source. On the jacket, notice how the shading is quite thick on the bottom, but then when he punches the shading becomes very thin, like the jackets folds are becoming sharper. If anything, when he punched, the pull on his jacket would reduce wrinkles. The shading also nearly goes away on his right arm when he jabs.

2. It looks like he is blinking while throwing the quick jab. That is not when I would blink.

3. I would speed up frames 12 and 13 to maybe 5ms. I think it gives the punch more power, but maybe that's just me.

Good luck.