AuthorTopic: Keops - The King of Spriters 2k6 edition  (Read 3195 times)

Offline Keops

• RibsChirino
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/189965.htm
    • View Profile
    • Behance portfolio

Keops - The King of Spriters 2k6 edition

on: January 11, 2006, 10:39:45 pm
Whew, finally, I was so rusty I thought I wouldn't made it in time :1 (without mentioning I'm not good at fighter sprites, this is like my 2nd?)

Here it is, my sprite and portrait. I'm satisfied with them, but as always critique is welcome and if something stupid escaped my eye I can make tiny adjustments to it. The portrait is my fave :3 I tried to go for something more artsy, thats why the folds are kind of geometric, dunno? Well, enjoy! Without further ranting, Keops, The KoS 2k6 edition!

See ya...

~Keops
Hearthstead: Art thread - Website - Twitter

COMMISSIONS OPEN! Behance portfolio

Offline Dhaos

• View Profile
    • Crystal Tech Studios

Re: Keops - The King of Spriters 2k6 edition

Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 11:26:45 pm
Keops, you did a really nice job on the portrait, good color selection, shading, etc. The fighter sprite has very nice folds on his pants, and also a good color selection... though I noticed a few problems elsewhere:

-his > leg appears thinner than his < leg (the foot is fine I think)
-the head appears rather square (the jaw in the portrait appears more angular)
-his < hand also appears blurry, perhaps removing the brightest tone and/or place a shadow on the backside (< side) of the hand should correct it
-the < glass should be slightly darker since his face is turned a bit
-you *might* consider shading the coat the same way you shaded the pants (an distinct division between light and shadow) unless of course you wanted his torso to have a flat look, which I suppose is fine

Offline Akira

• Heheheh
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006, 11:31:27 pm
on the sprite the knees look too low and the crotch too high. His right hand looks a bit mangled. the folds on the pants are sweet though and the facial detail is awesome

on the portrait the folds on the sleeve look off, half are round and half are sharp. IMO the line on his lower lip is too dark and maybe a pixel too low.

Looks real wicked overall, just nitpickin' :)
thanks Dogmeat!

Offline Keops

• RibsChirino
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/189965.htm
    • View Profile
    • Behance portfolio

Reply #3 on: January 12, 2006, 03:42:02 pm
Thanks for the suggestions and comments, those are always welcome. I'm glad that in overall the sprite and portrait seem to be on the right track! Go me go :3

I made some revisions to the portrait, the changes are quite slight but it does look improved. I might check the sprite and try to review some of the suggestions pointed in this thread, once again, thanks!

~K
Hearthstead: Art thread - Website - Twitter

COMMISSIONS OPEN! Behance portfolio