AuthorTopic: Just a bunch of random items that are mostly food related (40/120 atm)  (Read 4616 times)

Offline Doppleganger

• Fall!
    • View Profile

I'm remaking some old icons I did for somebody ages ago, for my own benefit, and these are the results thus far. These make up about 1/3 of all the icons/items I plan on redoing.

Eventually I'll be putting them up on a site that's an off-shoot of our company which focuses on game design, and helping developers out in whatever ways we can. Offering up quality free resources is just one of those ways.

c&c appreciated as always! And I'll be sure to update this topic as milestones are reached. :)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 06:27:05 pm by Doppleganger »

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile
You made the brocolli too mushy :(. Besides that, I love 'em, though.
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)

Offline Madre

• cellphone
    • View Profile
what the hell is the 1st item on the 3th line? ???
seen a new world

Offline Raytheon

• bepp bepp
    • View Profile
Spiky fruit obviously!!!!

Havent you ever played a game with a spiky fruit in it?
i am a computern

Offline Shred

• View Profile
what the hell is the 1st item on the 3th line? ???

Dragon fruit.

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/3794.htm
    • View Profile
    • Artstation
I don't think anyone could possibly comprehend what's on the 3th line.  :o

Anyway these are fantastic, i was creating fruit in just this way a while back, and you've definitely rocked it from my experience. Sherman is right though, the brocolli's top looks a bit too limp and the colour is a bit lifeless in comparison to what you've given the pineapple's leaves ... however i think it works due to the fact it's well... a brocolli, i think what is more a problem is the pineapple's leaf colour, and i don't think the shape really works since all the rest have some really good, realistic ones previously in that line. Then we get to the melon which looks a bit too rectangular and is also very bright, and almost looks unfinished imo. Strawberries look reeaally squishy, especially the one on the left, and they actually look squished together rather than next to each other due to the lack of contrast on the edge.

The gold bottom of the first strange looking glass pot on the 3rd line gives the impression of a bumpy edge - if that's what you were going for i'd follow it up on the highlighted left side.

That's all the problems i can find really. Really nice set of veggies.

Offline Doppleganger

• Fall!
    • View Profile
Good call on the crits guys! And thanks for the compliments.

The strawberries were exceptionally bad. How I let them get past my own approval, I will never know.

I updated the broccoli, pineapple, melon, strawberries and the second set of bottles as per their suggestions. The bottles weren't supposed to have a bumpy bottom, so I did away with what I thought was relatively decent reflective lighting. I guess at that size, any individual pixel can be perceived as any number of things though. I'd rather go with clarity over detail any day.

I put up some faint letter and number guides along the edges so people could have an easier time pointing things out. For example; A3 is indeed a dragon fruit.
The numbers and letters I think are usually switched around, and they're actually pretty hard to see, but uh...yeah!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 06:25:36 pm by Doppleganger »

Offline Madre

• cellphone
    • View Profile
fix the corn too
seen a new world

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/3794.htm
    • View Profile
    • Artstation
Really good updates with the melon, pineapple & broccolli. I think the strawberries still suffer from merging - perhaps the cut going down the middle between them should end in a point rather than be curved back as it is now (i hope that makes sense).

I don't see much wrong with the corn personally. Perhaps it's a bit flat on the bottom though.

Offline balls01

• 사랑
    • View Profile
    • Balls Art
i dont know about the dragon fruit are they actually that leafy or just the australian ones crap.

your choice of color, is your voice of color
BallsArt