AuthorTopic: Run loli-goth, run!  (Read 9915 times)

Offline dock

• View Profile

Re: Run loli-goth, run!

Reply #10 on: November 18, 2008, 11:00:44 pm
Jad, that's really helpful advice. I'll see if I can do something with her dress. I have a wind blowing for her idle right now that ripples through the hem of the dress, and I think that sort of feedback can be effective. My next animation is a 'falling' animation, which will plume quite heavily (though I'm avoiding it lifting up, of course! o_o)

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: November 19, 2008, 07:54:57 am
(though I'm avoiding it lifting up, of course! o_o)

That wouldn't be a problem if she (in good loli fashion) is wearing her huge puffy bloomers : D
' _ '

Offline blumunkee

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: November 19, 2008, 08:17:55 am
i have a feeling her eyes will get lost at certain angles if they are the same color as her hair

her rear foot looks like it angles down sharply on the down step

her left pointy sideburn thing gets fatter in one of the frames

the dark pink pixels near the top of her bun are not doing anything useful

Offline dock

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: November 19, 2008, 02:05:25 pm
Just a couple of work in progress animations. Please let me know what you think!

Very quick idle animation. I'm not happy with this, the fluttering is too fine and fast. Lacks any sort of secondary anim too.

Just put together a 4-frame fall animation.  The character will be dropping during this animation. This needs more work,and I would tween this to 8 frames once it is ready. That rear leg is pretty bad, come to think of it... o_o

Apologies for the scruffiness of these images - my work tends to start off rather messy until I'm happy with how it flows.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 02:07:19 pm by dock »

Offline Sokota

• WeThePuppets
    • View Profile

Reply #14 on: November 20, 2008, 01:15:32 am
Is it me, or in the run animation her right arm (Closet to us) is much shorter and gets shorter, than her left? Might want to lengthen the right, or shorten the left, or both. Take whatever I say with a grain of salt.

Sokota

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/3794.htm
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

Reply #15 on: November 20, 2008, 02:26:46 am
Is it me, or in the run animation her right arm (Closet to us) is much shorter and gets shorter, than her left? Might want to lengthen the right, or shorten the left, or both. Take whatever I say with a grain of salt.

Sokota

I believe this is just foreshortening.

I really like the running animation, especialy how her arms move (sort of clawing the air like a kid does). I'm not so keen on her face though, mainly the red eyes. Although i don't know what kind of character this is or how she'll be used, perhaps you could give us some info about her? Anyway very cute, keep it up.

Offline dock

• View Profile

Reply #16 on: November 21, 2008, 12:30:07 am
Sokota, yeah that's just foreshortening. I can see how that might be misread however.

Larwick, I don't really have a story for this character or anything. She's in a game where she has to get to the bottom of a tower, and perhaps pick up cute cakes and diamonds (the love of every loligoth).  I agree her face could use a bit more work to be honest, as it's a bit wide and perhaps it would benefit from facing forwards by a pixel or two.

How does the falling animation look so far?

Offline NaCl

• When it rains it pours
    • View Profile

Reply #17 on: November 25, 2008, 11:25:31 am
I actually think the face is pretty good. She looks gleefully oblivious, even when she's falling. I got a kick out of that. I would say make her look down when she falls, but I think that would detract from what makes the sprite cute.

Id like to see the game when there is a working copy, or just more art as you make it. Keep up the good work.

Offline dock

• View Profile

Reply #18 on: November 25, 2008, 01:03:29 pm
NaCl, cheers for the feedback. I might turn the face down a bit, now that you mention it, especially as the game has a strong emphasis on moving downwards.

Working on a jump animation at the moment. I hate not knowing what frame the jump will start on (unless you're doing flashback/prince of persia style stuff). It generally looks fine in game, but from an animation point of view it feels very wrong.

Offline Sokota

• WeThePuppets
    • View Profile

Reply #19 on: November 25, 2008, 08:27:58 pm
Looking good. Much better than my measly animation skills! And, foreshortening? :-\ Nevermind, mind as well go to Google it. Then Wikipedia it. The list goes on.

Sokota