AuthorTopic: Alan Shepard Jr's Golf Simulator  (Read 6232 times)

Offline rabidbaboy

• Jesus Beam!
    • View Profile

Re: Alan Shepard Jr's Golf Simulator

Reply #10 on: November 14, 2008, 04:38:37 pm
Probably to make the mountains and the astronaut taller.

But yeah, mixing bittage=no.

First off, note that ripping is not received well on this forum, it just gets that way when you've got a lot of people who know how hard it is to work on something and then just have it filched. As artists, ripped art is a big thing. Look at it this way; how would you feel if someone took a game you worked hard on and then just put their own graphics without asking? Yeah.

Next, onto the graphics.

The graphics you actually made are ok, but they don't match the "stolen" mountains.The detail on the mountains just screams for craters and bumps and whatnot. The earth is not terrible, but the blur effect does not work.

You probably feel wronged, along the lines of "I just wanted to show a game, and I get this crap, what the hell!!", but try to see it from an art forum's viewpoint.
"Baboy" is Filipino for pig.

Offline AnarchoElk

• View Profile

Re: Alan Shepard Jr's Golf Simulator

Reply #11 on: December 06, 2008, 07:18:08 pm
Considering what you seem to be showing of the most is the Earth, I'll comment on that.

Personally, I like it, I like the effect of the shadows obscuring the bottom from view, one thing I think would help it out would be if you added some atmosphere to it. give it a bit of a glow, I suppose.

On to people's comments about the "stolen" mountains... He stated what was and was not his in the first post. and while I can understand the taboo of ripping, considering his comments I'm sure he wasn't trying to claim them as his own.

What I don't get is how this guy gets a "strike" for his attitude, when frankly, people with a lot more posts, who should have more sense were in my opinion much more rude.

I suggest you all reconsider YOUR attitudes, though I guess without a system to punish people I don't like, that carries much less weight.

"vaccinations enable human beings to live at the socially and ecologically destructive densities that make infectious disease a problem."