AuthorTopic: Mana Bar  (Read 3558 times)

Offline Juice

• View Profile

Mana Bar

on: November 26, 2008, 11:14:56 pm
This is my first post on Pixelation, why don't I introduce myself with a brief description.  My name is Justin, most people call me Juice, and I'm 13 years old.  I've been 'pixeling' for 1-2 years, somewhere in the middle.  I'd like to start off with a Mana Bar I made for fun.  Not my best piece, it's not all that great, especially how I shaded it:

I spent around 20 minutes on it, it's in WIP...  Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 11:16:41 pm by Juice »

Offline Kazuya Mochu

• ^thx Larwick
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio website

Re: Mana Bar

Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 11:46:56 pm
it looks a bit jagged. that background isnt really helping though. if you are going to use that as transaprent color, you should first try and get a screenshot of the game, or an average color to use as background. once you have it finished you change that to green or watever color you'll use for transparent.
I really would sugest starting by fixing the lineart and getting rid of the jaggies
Image size doesn't matter! It's what you do with your pixels that counts!

Offline Juice

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 11:54:26 pm
Umm, it's not for a game, just for fun.  I'll take the green away, just leave white...  And, I'll fix it... and post in a couple minutes.

Offline Juice

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: November 27, 2008, 12:31:10 am

Okay, any better?

Offline Kazuya Mochu

• ^thx Larwick
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio website

Reply #4 on: November 27, 2008, 01:44:24 am
yeah much better. now if you are using that to represent mana, I would sugest you saturate the colors a bit more, cause it makes them look more energetic.
Image size doesn't matter! It's what you do with your pixels that counts!

Offline balls01

• 사랑
    • View Profile
    • Balls Art

Reply #5 on: December 04, 2008, 09:48:42 am
in my mind it still looks jagged, yeah saturate the colors more blue, or what ever color you chose for mana the main one is blue but you might be different ;D

your choice of color, is your voice of color
BallsArt

Offline TrevoriuS

• Pixels... everywhere!!
    • View Profile

Reply #6 on: December 04, 2008, 02:08:50 pm
It's getting more subtle and more nice now, though you put light next to dark, without any anti-alis and smoothing out. Next to that: Don't work on a white background. Your game won't be white. It's best to try out your interface on several backgrounds of your game, though as these are not apparant now, it's good enough to work on a more medium grey colour to see what your result is more or less going to be better. Here's some quick modifications to illustrate the above: