AuthorTopic: Possible activity discussion.  (Read 154251 times)

Offline Don risotto

• View Profile

Re: Possible activity discussion.

Reply #120 on: May 31, 2010, 02:29:30 am
you know the classic repeating background you see in low budget cartoons n stuff... well, what about a collab where we all take part in adding to the background making on giant seemless one! it would be a nice change of pace from the iso and hex form were all used to and would be simple enough to pull off... we could call it: "Where the sidewalk ends" in honor of shel silverstein!

F*&$ YEAH

Offline CrazyMLC

• View Profile

Reply #121 on: May 31, 2010, 04:08:48 am
Pixelation City?
You know those isometric city community project deals? We could do something like that.

(I actually made rules for that sort of thing to make it more like SimCity. It plays like an art competition, and I'm trying to run it on another forum.)

Offline xhunterko

• View Profile

Reply #122 on: June 19, 2010, 06:17:44 am
Here's one: Indie Game Critique.

I just wonder how some indie games (including, but not limited to: super meat boy, cave sory, Redder(lovely), hydorah, luynne dyversity, Coal, The life of a pacifist is often wrought with conflict, Blackfoot, Tormshire(wip), Gungirl 2, Hot Ninja Moon Moon, Dust an elysian Tale, Runman Race around the world, desktop dungeons, loved, Fleet assualt, Generic, Rocket ninja cyborg, Level Up, etc, etc, etc) would be critiqued on here. I mean, some of them are obviously not pixel art but some of them are. I just wonder how these and many other games would look under edits and what critique would be given to them to improve on there art. Just a thought.

Offline Jon

• View Profile

Reply #123 on: June 19, 2010, 12:30:29 pm
Perhaps there could be a game collab, like they have on some other pixel forums...

Offline flamesterart

• View Profile

Reply #124 on: July 29, 2010, 05:23:57 pm
i just had an idea, though i would not be ablle to participate, most likely, depending on your thoughts, if it gets up, how about something like i made, except based on YOUR favorite video game(s) a band stage or something similar, heres an example, the one i have been working on for the past couple of weeks.

Offline flamesterart

• View Profile

Reply #125 on: July 29, 2010, 05:26:33 pm
the challenge would be that you have to make a band stage or something there alike that is based on your favorite video game(s) and submit it, and then we can have some sort of public votes to see whos is best.

Offline Cow

• View Profile

Reply #126 on: July 31, 2010, 11:00:21 pm
Draw a self portrait in your 'final form'.

Offline VDX

• View Profile

Reply #127 on: August 01, 2010, 11:57:29 am
the challenge would be that you have to make a band stage or something there alike that is based on your favorite video game(s) and submit it, and then we can have some sort of public votes to see whos is best.

I'm kinda interested in this. :P Scratch Sprites and a stage, the theme of one of your favourite all time games with characters acting as a band of artists. Animated/non Animated versions.
Hmm....

Offline flamesterart

• View Profile

Reply #128 on: August 02, 2010, 12:41:38 am
i got the idea for the whole thing on newgrounds, from a flash movie, here is a link, http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/viewer.php?id=223362&key=DgLiYoXzltOzdxbStiM2YwNzIxM2Y5Qjg1NzIrMl9xOWI3MDE7Qjk0QlYxOzJWMDJiNzIyZjUrVnFf on the page that shows up, just click the blue letters to go to the page where the movie is located. and if the mods or whoever is on control of the competitions will let me do it i will start coming up with the overall rules and other stuff, and then later i will send them to whoever is in charge of the competitions, and once they get approved i will start the competition and start watching the entries come in.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 06:57:01 am by flamesterart »

Offline yaomon17

• YaomonKS
    • taiya.sun
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/28472.htm
    • yaomon17
    • valedev
    • playvale
    • View Profile
    • portfolio

Reply #129 on: March 29, 2011, 04:00:38 am