AuthorTopic: Possible activity discussion.  (Read 154258 times)

Offline Metaru

• Latino
    • View Profile

Re: Possible activity discussion.

Reply #40 on: December 10, 2008, 05:35:35 am
I'd love to see that last challenge i did in PJ months ago, in pixelation.
 is something like this

you're encouraged to choose between 2 and 4 colors(2minimun 4 maximun) that you believe are the ones that represents you or your work -or- are the ones that you like. use one of the templates below to portrait your palette. its important that yu chose well, because you can only choose once.

--

now the fun part: when you have choosen your colors(and posted them so others can use them), you must pick another user's colors(just 1 user) and combine them with yours to create a 100x100 image with them.(by combinating I mean taking your colors+his/her colors to create a palette)

As an example, My colors are:

wich combined with LazyCat colors

results in:

you can check how it ended here. Was quite popular on PJ, and i bet i can be even more crazy here.

Offline Red_Mist

• Not enough pixels in the world.
    • View Profile
    • FuzionLLC

Reply #41 on: January 04, 2009, 01:49:00 am
I noticed that we have a few programmers here on pixelation... maybe we can do a collab to make a game I know just the perfect way to do it! its brilliant!

we should do an "epic pinball" collab in the old dos format style! the boards wouldnt be that hard to do... and if we get enough submitions we could make a whole new series of epic pinball boards!

or maybe we can have some sort of commercial critique for this one or somthing...
in case you guys need a refresher here are the screen shots: http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/epic-pinball/screenshots
<Xion> I can't see it why can't I see it

Offline Joseph

• Shut up and pixel.
    • View Profile

Reply #42 on: January 05, 2009, 09:43:31 am
just throwing it out there...a scary scene.  an piece of art that actually scares you when you look at it.  I've seen several, but I'd love to see more.

Offline Terley

• Terley is King, but he needs a new avatar.
    • View Profile

Reply #43 on: January 08, 2009, 05:35:58 pm
I think it'd be awesome if we could make a forest, given a canvas for various things even, tree's, bush's, ruins, lakes etc. Each artist could post a tree and let it build  :) Im sure people would be creative with it.
I've not got anything interesting to type here..

Offline Reo

• aka MechaBarbarian
    • MechaBarbarian
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/11318.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #44 on: January 08, 2009, 06:07:27 pm
I think it'd be awesome if we could make a forest, given a canvas for various things even, tree's, bush's, ruins, lakes etc. Each artist could post a tree and let it build  :) Im sure people would be creative with it.
I like that idea ;D
Kinda like an isocity thing(except not iso and with trees :P).
I can definetly imagine the outcome!

Offline Shrike

• View Profile

Reply #45 on: January 11, 2009, 04:23:59 pm
That's an awesome idea. :D

Hey, I joined this forum mid-last year, and the new smileys were already done. Unless there's a specific time that I'm unaware of, can we start working on the new smiley set? Although, Snake's are awesome. I just really want to participate this time.

Btw,
I'd love to see that last challenge i did in PJ months ago, in pixelation.
 is something like this

you're encouraged to choose between 2 and 4 colors(2minimun 4 maximun) that you believe are the ones that represents you or your work -or- are the ones that you like. use one of the templates below to portrait your palette. its important that yu chose well, because you can only choose once.

[image]-[image]-[image]

now the fun part: when you have choosen your colors(and posted them so others can use them), you must pick another user's colors(just 1 user) and combine them with yours to create a 100x100 image with them.(by combinating I mean taking your colors+his/her colors to create a palette)
[image]

As an example, My colors are:
[image]

wich combined with LazyCat colors
[image]

results in:
[image]

you can check how it ended here. Was quite popular on PJ, and i bet i can be even more crazy here.
is a kick-ass idea. I would really love to try that.

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #46 on: January 16, 2009, 02:10:54 pm
I second (third? fourth?) the forest concept :D
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline Tobe

• www.rayteoactive.wordpress.com
    • View Profile
    • Rayteoactive

Reply #47 on: January 28, 2009, 03:18:04 pm
Have anyone tried the legend of princess by Konjak? It's a great side scrolling version of Zelda and can be found in the following link.
http://www.konjak.org/

Anyway, this reminds me of something I always wanted to do - a remake of a classic, in another genre. Maybe a side scrolling earthbound/ dungeon style final fantasy and all sort. I'm gonna do it when I'm finally free... who's with me? : )

Offline Jakten

• The Bionic Vapor Boy
    • View Profile
    • Levitating Rocksquatch

Reply #48 on: January 29, 2009, 07:01:13 am
I want to play that so badly, this cursed mac!!  :yell:

Offline Atnas

• very daijōbs
    • paintbread
    • paintbread
    • View Profile

Reply #49 on: January 29, 2009, 01:34:36 pm
Hey Tobe, I'd be glad to help you when I'm free as well. Maybe a competition could be teams of people working on a similar thing? "The remake Competition" has a nice ring.